[NBR] Signs of the Apocalypse In New Jersey

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

charlie55

[NBR] Signs of the Apocalypse In New Jersey

Post by charlie55 »

Rode the Helix to church today and had two encounters in the parking lot after Mass was over. In the first, this woman, a total stranger, approached me as I was getting my helmet on, said that my scoot was just about the "cutest" thing she had ever seen, and went on to to ogle it for a full two minutes. That "cute" word always makes me cringe, but I figured that she must have left her glasses at home, so I proceeded to mount up and get it turned over. In a matter of seconds, an elderly couple walked up and started staring at the Helix. We struck up a conversation - all the usual stuff: what is it?, how fast does it go?, etc. Then as they were leaving, the lady turned to me and repeated what the first woman had said, almost verbatim (including another cringe-worthy "cutest").

You guys had better start heading for the bunkers - the end times have officially started.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The Helix is "cute" in much the same way that E.T. or Yoda is. It's a 1980s thang.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Saying a Helix is "cute" IS a bit....odd. But there is more to a ride than looks. I've never rode one but I get an image every time I see one of that comfy chair in the living room that doesn't go with the décor but you wont get rid of cos it's too comfy....except this one has wheels and rides like a dream.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Looks like the Chinese have a new Helix clone:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RZ3KZE8IuLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Drum Pro wrote:Saying a Helix is "cute" IS a bit....odd. But there is more to a ride than looks. I've never rode one but I get an image every time I see one of that comfy chair in the living room that doesn't go with the décor but you wont get rid of cos it's too comfy....except this one has wheels and rides like a dream.
"Fetch....the comfy chair!"
Attachments
comfy.jpg
comfy.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 654 times
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Heh. For every person that hates it, it seems there are plenty who go "I love it's ugly looks."

There's a reason I am fully restoring my 1986 space-dildo...
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

skully93 wrote:.....space-dildo...
Personally, I think that the Morphous fits that description better. Either that or wienermobile.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

charlie55 wrote:
skully93 wrote:.....space-dildo...
Personally, I think that the Morphous fits that description better. Either that or wienermobile.
Morphous:

Photon Torpedo:

Er, I might have confused the two... :roll:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...