Does Anyone know WTF this bug is?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

srbbnd

Does Anyone know WTF this bug is?

Post by srbbnd »

http://youtu.be/v_tvpaBkMXY

They are about the size of this period and bite.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The good news is that I don't think it's either a louse or a bedbug (abdomen looks too small).
The bad news is that ... I don't know what it is.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Upside down.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I have a buddy who is the 0rk1n man. I've sent him a link. I'll try to get you a reply tomorrow.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

took a screen shot for the photo, war will be waged, and I will be victorious.
Attachments
DEVILBUG.jpg
DEVILBUG.jpg (58.17 KiB) Viewed 1415 times
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

1st stage larval bedbug.... :shock:
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Wash it. I have had crabs, but that looks ugly. Spray, and have a good day. Ride a scoot, and scratch. It won't kill you BTW. Shave it, and be gone.

http://youtu.be/LtxnYQapxtQ
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Can you help out with exactly where this critter was caught? Was it outside freely walking in the grass, was it crawling across your bedroom pillow, was it found venturing in your groin area, or another location? Where there's one, there's got to be more, have you found multiple?
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

This one was in the corner of the bathroom wall. However, we have found them occasionally crawling on our arms while sitting on the couch, but this is a rare occasion. It has been on and off for a few months now, and I believe they are full grown. I just can't find a similar picture online of them compare to any other louse.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

You have a PM.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

We received a response from Clemson University who diagnosed what it was, they said it was a Tropical Fowl Mite (Ornithonyssus bursa)
So if anyone has a similar looking bug it is probably that. We still think it could be a rat mite and the University said it is a possibility and could be at the younger stage.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

srbbnd wrote:We received a response from Clemson University who diagnosed what it was, they said it was a Tropical Fowl Mite (Ornithonyssus bursa)
So if anyone has a similar looking bug it is probably that. We still think it could be a rat mite and the University said it is a possibility and could be at the younger stage.
tropical? your not in the tropics are you?
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
Neurotic-Hapi-Snak

Post by Neurotic-Hapi-Snak »

EvilNerdLord wrote:
srbbnd wrote:We received a response from Clemson University who diagnosed what it was, they said it was a Tropical Fowl Mite (Ornithonyssus bursa)
Looks like they have infested the Southern and Eastern United States. They also piggie back on birds migrating from the tropics.
http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/liv ... l_mite.htm
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Neurotic-Hapi-Snak wrote:
EvilNerdLord wrote:
Looks like they have infested the Southern and Eastern United States. They also piggie back on birds migrating from the tropics.
http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/liv ... l_mite.htm
ugly annoying little buggers...but reading doesn't look like they carry anything harmful (like west nile)...