Trick to Kick Start?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Liz C

Trick to Kick Start?

Post by Liz C »

Okay I am fully grown woman and am getting pa-retty frustrated that I cannot make the kick starter work. Ignition is on, kill switch is not engaged, have tried with the brake lever squeezed and without the brake lever squeezed. My big ol' husband can make it go, after a couple of tries, so I know the thing works. I think by the way that Buddy is punishing me for leaving the ignition switch in the ON position for a week in the heated garage -- which is how this kick start quest got started in the first place.

Seriously, is there a "technique?"

Thanks! -Liz
lojical1

Post by lojical1 »

Hold the brake and kick it fast. Hold the kick when it gets to the bottom. Hope this helps; this is just what I noticed I was doing last time it worked for me at least.
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
-Spike Spiegel

If ur not scared u aint drivin' fast enough .
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

... only "trick" is it has to be on center stand ..... but I guess you already know that since you say hubby can kick start it ..... I usualy pressit to get the play out of it and then give it a quick kick...

You dont need to hold brake to kick start.....
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
Liz C

Post by Liz C »

Hooray! Got 'er done. It worked. Buddy has forgiven me. Thank you both.
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Mine was easier to kick once it had a few miles on it. Of course, I haven't tried it recently, since the magic button always seem to work 8)
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

Glad you got the hang of it. Kick starting is fun. I usually give it a couple of small "pumps" first, although I have no idea if this does anything.