Hello from 2008 [a long rambling personal story]...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeetleGoose

Hello from 2008 [a long rambling personal story]...

Post by BeetleGoose »

I've been reminiscing a lot lately about how I came into this two-wheeled riding culture and decided to check this site out again. Reading old posts sure brings back a lot of memories. And since it's been awhile, I'm glad to see that Modern Buddy is going strong! Kudos Eric et al!

For those who remember, I was that guy who wanted to paint his soon-to-be-in-possession Buddy Pamplona a nice Red/Yellow combo. Then someone pointed out the McDonald's color scheme (see below) that I failed to notice. After what seemed like a very long wait (about 3 months), I was finally going to pick up the Buddy but ended up switching my deposit at NoHo Scooters (which I recently found out and was saddened to hear is no longer in business) towards a Yamaha Virago 250 that Mike had in stock (1 year old, 100 miles). Over the course of the 6 1/2 years that have since passed, I've sold the Virago, bought a Ninja 250, then for a long time stopped and almost gave up on riding. Then about 2 years ago, I test rode a Thruxton, took that home, and have enjoyed it ever since. It's funny: I came in for a scooter, and came out with motorcycles. However, I still sport my scooter jacket on the motorcycle. No doubt though that I still look around for you Buddy riders (and also other scooter riders). So if you folks see a guy wearing a black w/ gray stripe Corazzo Speedway on a black Thruxton, give me a wave, I will have probably waved already!
Attachments
Care for a ride, Mr. McDonald?
Care for a ride, Mr. McDonald?
pamp_front_quarter_black_seat_107.jpg (113.89 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Me and the Thrux
Me and the Thrux
2015-02-18 00.57.16 edd.png (177.01 KiB) Viewed 531 times
I wanted a scooter; ended up buying a motorcycle instead.