rain/dust cover?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boyjeenyus

rain/dust cover?

Post by boyjeenyus »

Hey there--cross-posting here due to more users. I have a roughhouse 50 (similar size to buddy 50) with one of the medium sized prima windshields added. My scooter spends a good bit of time on the back of my rv on a scooter carrier. What would be a good cover for it for road dust and rain?
Cheers!
Stephen
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I have a Prima cover. Although it appears to have some grommets by which you can tie the top down underneath the scooter, I'm not sure it's heavy enough to withstand being racked on a vehicle in motion. It's perfectly fine for rain protection in my back yard.

I was given a big heavy Parts Unlimited cover for my Vespa - assuming you could tie it down, it's much tougher than the Prima.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Attachments
images8K139R3O.jpg
images8K139R3O.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 714 times
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I think the challenge with putting a cover on a scooter on a bumper rack is the strong wind coming up from under the vehicle while underway. It will tug at and flap the cover pretty hard I suspect. And the constant hard flapping may mar the scooter. I do not cover my scooters while on a trailer for that same reason.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I think the challenge with putting a cover on a scooter on a bumper rack is the strong wind coming up from under the vehicle while underway. It will tug at and flap the cover pretty hard I suspect. And the constant hard flapping may mar the scooter. I do not cover my scooters on a trailer while underway for that same reason.
BigDaddy SnakeOiler

Post by BigDaddy SnakeOiler »

As a former mover, I would say blankets and shrink-wrap.
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddyOTR/">
Big Daddy Scooter Bum Blog</a>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddy.snakeoiler">
BigDaddy on FaceBook</a>
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Until we got a Honda Element for a toad this is how we carried mine. The wrap can be bought at U-Haul.
Attachments
Ms Gilly Wrap.jpg
Ms Gilly Wrap.jpg (120.63 KiB) Viewed 673 times