Stalling after starting

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

klandino1

Stalling after starting

Post by klandino1 »

Hello all and thanks for any help. I have a 2013 Buddy 125 and need to know what it could possibly be. When I start my buddy it stalls unless I keep constant rpm's going. It has been a whille since I have changed the oil filter. I am wondering if this could be the problem? Also I have not done a valve adjustment yet. I saw the thread viewtopic.php?t=8312&sid=21b190e7c96eb9 ... a7193898c6

and was wondering if it might be this. I am pretty mechanically inclined and feel as though I can fix it myself and am hoping for some guidance.

Thank you for any help that you might be able to give.
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

I would try adjusting the idle first.

topic4153.html
Scooter Commuter
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Have you been riding it recently or has it been sitting? How many miles? How many miles on the oil and oil filter?

You can go a lot of miles on the oil filter if you want, I put at least 3k on my oil filters(my scooter is well broken in.)
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Adjust the idle first, but I am betting on a clogged pilot jet. You could try some carb cleaner like http://k-100.com/ It seems to work bet ... park plug.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
klandino1

Post by klandino1 »

I have 9000 miles and it has been at least 5000 miles since new oils filter. I ride it everyday. I adjusted the idle and that did not work. So I will try the carb cleaner and see if that works. Any other suggestions?
Thank you for the help.