Hooligan Owner/Service Manual?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

Hooligan Owner/Service Manual?

Post by Syd »

Has anyone found a soft copy of the Hooligan Owner's Manual or Service Manual? I don't own one, but I would like to (because I might).
The majority is always sane - Nessus
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Doooo eeeet. You know you want the Matte Titanium one. ;)
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

Post by Syd »

I am verrrrrry tempted.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Look here for service manual: http://www.cr-service.se/PGO%20mc/Servi ... gomcsm.htm

Here for owners manual: http://www.pgo-scooter.com/support_download.php

X-Hot = Hooligan, more or less...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Those are close, but rumor has it the Hooligan is a US-only model, and none of the manuals online are specifically for the Hooligan. For example, none are for the 170fi engine, unless I missed it. It's not likely to affect my decision, I'd just like to peruse them first.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

As far as I know, the Hooligan is basically an X-Hot with a few Libra body parts and brakes substituted. They both share the same chassis and engine with only small suspension/brake differences. The 170i engine is basically a 150i with a bigger bore and/or a longer stroke. Unfortunately, while the rest of the world gets the 4V head version of the engine, we get the 2V head. While these two manuals don't get deep into the engine tear down, they do show operation of the various controls, how the EFI system works, troubleshooting/testing, maintenance specifications, fastener torque specs, and body panel removal for both the Libra and the X-Hot. Not bad if all you want is to see what's under the skin.

http://www.cr-service.se/PGO%20mc/Servi ... 0B1+B2.pdf

http://www.cr-service.se/PGO%20mc/Servi ... 0B1+B2.pdf

Looking through the engine manual, it appears that the internals of the engine, other than the fuel system is identical to my 2006 Blur 150 (which is the same as the Buddy 125/150). Of course, the bore and possibly stroke is different. It also shows the 2V head version vs the 4V that the rest of the world gets.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks babbelfish, I'll take a look.
Berner

Post by Berner »

I made a nice, pretty pdf scan of the US Hooligan owners manual, and pm'd eric about posting it to the library but got no reply.

(If any mods see this and want to put in the library, you'll be doing a service to the Hooligan owners.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0F8Xi ... sp=sharing
Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks, Berner. The introduction was promising; it looked like Genuine had finally written (translated, really) an English Owner's Manual. But then I got to the original manual and my hopes were dashed. :lol:
Berner

Post by Berner »

Syd wrote:Thanks, Berner. The introduction was promising; it looked like Genuine had finally written (translated, really) an English Owner's Manual. But then I got to the original manual and my hopes were dashed. :lol:
Yeah, its just a lightly edited version of the PGO Libra/X-Hot manual with a new cover, although they did strip out some of the extraneous information and did some metric-to-US conversions (e.g., on the service intervals).
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

Here you go Hooligan-170i-Service-Manual.pdf

I got mine off the Genuine website, but it appears that they have (re)moved it.
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
Halfton57

Hooligan Service Manual

Post by Halfton57 »

I want to thank SYMbionic Duo for posting the link to the Hooligan service manual. I bought a 2014 Hooligan over a year ago and have been told repeatedly by the dealer that Genuine will not release a Hooligan service manual to anyone but an authorized dealer. Thanks again.....
Raputtak

Re: Hooligan Service Manual

Post by Raputtak »

Halfton57 wrote:I want to thank SYMbionic Duo for posting the link to the Hooligan service manual. I bought a 2014 Hooligan over a year ago and have been told repeatedly by the dealer that Genuine will not release a Hooligan service manual to anyone but an authorized dealer. Thanks again.....
Thanks from me, too.

When I bought mine last November 2014 the dealer said that there was no service manual so she gave me a Buddy 170 service manual as it was pretty close.