Blur

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toot

Blur

Post by toot »

Traded the Blur in for a Piaggio BV 350. No matter what I did I just could not get comfy on that seat. Bike is great for handling and braking but if you are miserable it is time for a change. Hope you find what you are looking for
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

I did just that today. Put the cash on the barrel head today on a 2015 Honda PCX 150. Pick up tomorrow. Can't wait. Enjoy your BV Toot. You are right about comfort. No bike is worth it if you can't get comfy.
Me? I ride for the bugs!
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

You can't hide money. :P

Enjoy your scoots gentlemen.
Dooglas

Re: Blur

Post by Dooglas »

toot wrote:Traded the Blur in for a Piaggio BV 350.
The BV 350 is a great bike. Awesome performance, excellent suspension, and powerful braking. However, it also has a seat that is not for everybody. Tall riders may not like the ergonomics.
toot

Post by toot »

Funny thing is I am short so the sitting position is great. You would have thought the Blur would fit better. I was always slipping forward, and would have to sit between the driver and passenger transition or I was too cramped with feet pushed to leg shield and knees wanting more room. By the way my rear tire only lasted 2000 miles??? Keeping the Blackjack so much fun
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

That's an unusually short rear tire life. What brand was it? I'm about 165lb and the Maxxis rear tire on my Blur has been lasting between 6000-7000 miles. I just replaced the rear tire (the scoot's 2nd ever rear tire) with a Michelin 140/60-13 Pilot Sport, not because the Maxxis was worn out (looks like it has 1500-2000 miles left), but because I don't like the way Maxxis tires perform. Too hard and too slippery. Let's see how the Michelins do...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
toot

Post by toot »

At the very first service 500 miles I was told I had a nail in rear tire. They replaced it with a new one. I am assuming stock type. The tires handled very well hugged all the corners. But when I went to trade it in the rear tire had the indicator line gone and middle looked as if I would have kept, I would have needed a back tire soon. Maybe it is because I ride it lke there is no tomorrow. That is how I ride. :lol:
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Sounds like the title of this thread should be "Bye Bye Blur, Hello Happiness" sung to the tune of the old Everly Brothers tune, "Bye Bye Love."

Glad you like the BV350. If I wasn't so tall (and poor and ugly and hateful), I'd probably be riding one, too. :wink:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Believe me, I don't ride easy myself - my other bike was a Suzuki 750 sport bike. There are no "chicken" stripes on the sidewalls of my Blur tires, lol. I constantly bounce off the center stand when doing left turns. I've since removed the center stand. I just find my stock Maxxis tires feel like riding on a newly waxed floor.
toot

Post by toot »

I have my Vespa and my Blackjack for the cool factor. Besides since I am just an old lady. Do I really care about that!!!!!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

toot wrote:I have my Vespa and my Blackjack for the cool factor. Besides since I am just an old lady. Do I really care about that!!!!!
Ride what you enjoy! That's the most important thing. And, I'm no spring chicken myself - I used to race Motorcross in the sixties and seventies...:)