What exactly is this?? Fuel filter??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Xsolusx

What exactly is this?? Fuel filter??

Post by Xsolusx »

Ok this should be my fuel filter right? But what is it? That cant be right?

PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Yeah, could be. The stock fuel filter is a simpler plastic gizmo, but since somehow you have a foam air filter, maybe somehow you got a different fuel filter as well.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Looks like a fuel filter to me. Does the tube at the top o to the tank?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

It's part of the crankcase ventilation system. It is intended to absorb the oil mist from the crankcase so that it doesn't go into the atmosphere. That round white thing to the right of it is probably a PCV valve. This is definitely an add-on by someone.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Crankcase vent filter, it used to go into the airbox which apparently you don't have anymore. "custom" addon.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

babblefish wrote:It's part of the crankcase ventilation system. It is intended to absorb the oil mist from the crankcase so that it doesn't go into the atmosphere. That round white thing to the right of it is probably a PCV valve. This is definitely an add-on by someone.
Hmmm so now where does it go? lol

Where is my fuel filter?

I have an extra rubber hose sitting on top of my transmission also.. any idea what that is?

Previous owner did lots of things but I bought it from his mom so I keep running into stuff that doesn't seem to be right haha.
avescoots1134

Post by avescoots1134 »

Fuel filter is in the back under the tank. What do you need to get to the fuel filter for?
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

avescoots1134 wrote:Fuel filter is in the back under the tank. What do you need to get to the fuel filter for?
Ahhhhh OK.

The previous owner did a bunch of stuff and I'm still figuring out what is what.
Xsolusx

Post by Xsolusx »

My air filter is also way up next to that filter.

OK so my buddy gets to 65mph no problem with still more to go I'm just not interested in going past that haha. Is this normal? It also had what looks to be a prima exhaust shortened by about 5 inches.

If I take this to a buddy dealer will they be able to tell me the changes? I called the local one and they were pretty adamant they only do stock stuff. The other local dealer never returned my call. There is a motorcycle repair place by me that's always busy but they seem shady.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

They are just performance mods to make the scoot go a bit faster. I wouldn't worry to much over them as the previous owner seemed to know what he was doing....