Ban Marylou

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Moyesdriver

Ban Marylou

Post by Moyesdriver »

Enough with the spam. I move that this is an abuse of free speech and propose marylou be permanently banned from the forum. Second?
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

But bootleg Nike shoes! Who will let us know that junk like that can be purchased! Seriously, I 2nd it!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Indeed, let's stop messing with this. An obvious spammer. Rather than waiting for the next group of spam message, just give her/him the heave ho.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Get's my vote.... Moderators.....?????????? Anyone, anyone?
george54

Post by george54 »

Yeah. She spammed us 5 days ago and she's still not banned? Are the mods hibernating for the winter? Maybe I need to post a topless scootergirl and then I bet they'll wake up? That's a JOKE. Don't ban ME.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

Fur Shure!
The Racer's Motto:
Broken bones heal,
Chicks dig the scars,
The pain is temporary,
but the glory is forever!
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

george54 wrote:Maybe I need to post a topless scootergirl and then I bet they'll wake up?
Double dog dare ya.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Let's remember that the mods don't get paid and volunteer their time and effort. I'm sure MaryLou will get her due!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Re: Ban Marylou

Post by BuddyRaton »

Moyesdriver wrote:Enough with the spam. I move that this is an abuse of free speech and propose marylou be permanently banned from the forum. Second?
Nothing to do with "free speach". from the posting guidelines:

Sales and solicitations are allowed only in the For Sale / Wanted section unless otherwise approved by the admin.
Retailers and dealers should contact the admin before posting.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

BuddyRaton wrote:Let's remember that the mods don't get paid and volunteer their time and effort. I'm sure MaryLou will get her due!
Marylou's 10 SPAM messages that date back to a week ago are all still posted - let alone the recommendation that she/he be banned as a member due to repeated violations of the posting guidelines. I understand that moderators are volunteers , but this event suggests that moderation has been nonexistence for at least the past week. I'd say that does not sound like a good thing.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

It's the broken window syndrome. That's how Rudy Giuliani cleaned up New York. Clean the graffiti and fix the window the moment you notice it. Shows that someone cares. Let This continue and pretty soon Marylou will be onto grand theft auto and arson. Pretty soon the posts for cheap running shoes and skin products will outnumber the scooter posts. I saw it on the SYM forum. It wasn't pretty.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Banning banning banning. Thanks.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…