Strange starting behavior

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RickWaza

Strange starting behavior

Post by RickWaza »

I hope someone can help with this one. I have a 2013 Blur, EFI, no kick starter. Occasionally when I hit the starter, all of the lights on the cluster light up and the whole thing seems to reset. The tach goes all the way up and down, there's a strange readout on the LCD for a second. Then the "GSC" comes on and things seem to settle down but the clock is set back to 0:00. When I attempt to start though, it cranks but won't start. I don't know if fuel pump's not working or if it's not getting spark, but I don't smell fuel. If I turn off the key and turn it back on, it starts normally. I haven't taken the time to really troubleshoot this, as it seems to happen when I need to be somewhere and don't have time to mess with it. It does seem to be happening more often, though. Is this a common thing or am I going to have to really noodle at it?

Thanks!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

How your battery? Start with the simple things first....
RickWaza

Post by RickWaza »

Battery seems fine. After turning key off and on it starts right away, even if I was cranking for a while before. Will check it this weekend, though.