Bar ends

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Argee

Bar ends

Post by Argee »

Just got some new grips, way better than stock. Bought with open ends to add bar ends, but the throttle has some sort of weird end cover. Looks and feels like plastic. Chop it off, or ream it out?
Attachments
throttle.jpg
throttle.jpg (60.56 KiB) Viewed 822 times
alexpa

Post by alexpa »

I hacksawed mine off about 3/16ths from the end (just enough so the throttle tube is a hair shorter than the handlebars). You would never know it is missing.

FWIW, I found some MX grips I liked and used a razor blade to cut the closed end off. The rough end is covered by my bar-end mirrors so there are no ugly edges seen on the grips. These mirrors are much better looking than the bug antenna stock mirrors.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

wire in some running lights....old school style. 8)
Professional nerd, Cube dweller, and wannabe Evil Overlord (OK, maybe not too evil or lord over more than I can manage...well,­ on second thought make that Suburbanite just trying to make his way in the world as best he can)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I reamed out the plastic on the end of the throttle tube and put up cheap eBay bar-end mirrors back in '12 or so. Still going strong.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!