Dead light lens removal...Umph!! (Buddy Scooter)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

UWHusky

Dead light lens removal...Umph!! (Buddy Scooter)

Post by UWHusky »

I Ggogled and found a couple videos (voodoo and robotman) that showed how to remove the lens.

However, I have tried and I can't seem to get the lens to pop off like they do in the vids.

Any suggestions/hints/tips?

(After removing the single screw at the top of each lens, I've tried to work my finger tips under the lens. It seems really tight, and the whole reflector around the bulb seems to move as I put force on it. I don't want to break it, but I can't seem to get it to loosen. On one vid, they work it from the top...but the top is REALLY tight on my lens (I could barely get a thin piece of cardboard under to top edge of the lens).

Any helpful suggestions appreciated.
iwannascoot

Post by iwannascoot »

VSP

Post by VSP »

Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>
UWHusky

Post by UWHusky »

Thanks VSP and iwannascoot, I'll give it another try. Got my wiring complete, but running those original bulbs, so I'm sure my battery will appreciate the LEDs.
VSP

Post by VSP »

Glad to hear you got my harness installed. It's such an easy way to add visibility to your scoot.

You'll be OK for an occasional ride with the factory bulbs but the LED's are definitely the way to go long term.
Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I had the same problem with my dead light lenses. I cracked one lens during removal, but not bad enough to require replacement.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI