Problem with buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jackie103

Problem with buddy 50

Post by Jackie103 »

I went to turn my scooter on tonight, and it made a sort of lower pitched alarm noise right as I switched it on and the hazard lights were blinking with clicking noises. The engine wasn't turned on, just when i turned the key to "on". Can someone tell me what's up?
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sounds like Anonymous, the international hacktivists, got to your Buddy. :lol:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
VSP

Re: Problem with buddy 50

Post by VSP »

Jackie103 wrote:the hazard lights were blinking with clicking noises.
When the battery gets low, the flasher relay will make that clicking noise when the hazards or blinkers are activated. Check your battery voltage. If it's below about 12.4 volts and you have a battery tender or charger, hook it up ASAP. A healthy battery will read about 12.7 volts when the scooter is off.

If you don't have a tender, kick start then go for a long ride at high speeds to a store that sells battery chargers ;) The battery will charge during the ride but the tender will keep it healthy during the colder, often less ridden months.
Voodoo [voo-doo] -adjective. Claimed or reputed to provide an ingenious or seemingly magical solution to a problem. <A HREF="http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/topic29569.html">Get your VOODOO here</A>