Removing ignition on Buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ek0004

Removing ignition on Buddy 50

Post by ek0004 »

So I need to take the ignition out of my scooter to get a key fitted for it, is there any place that could show me how to remove it? Thanks!
luckyscroller788

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Take the whole scooter in to your dealer, they would be the best to help you out. Who knows, maybe they can key it for you without dismantling anything.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

You need to take the windshield (big plastic piece on the front of the bike underneath the handlebars plastic) off the front of the Buddy. There are a number of screws that hold it to the bike as well as a bolt in the front. Next twist the ring around the ignition assembly about an 1/8 or so counter-clockwise and remove. Next remove the 4 plastic tabs that hold a collar around the steering column just underneath the upper plastic. Then there are a number of screws that hold the back of the leg screen in place as well as removing the bag hook. Once all of this is out of the way, you should be able to get a 10mm socket in to remove the two retaining bolts and the screw that hold the seat release wire.