Help 2014 taotao

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tim f

Help 2014 taotao

Post by Tim f »

Hi plz help I have a 2014 taotao and I was driving and I lost power and it died and now it won't start I cleaned carburetor and still nothing I have spark and compression and fuel is making it to carb but spark plug still dry it has 678 miles
skully93

Post by skully93 »

not to be hyperbolic, but....

There's such a range of what could be wrong. CDI, electronics, anything.

Do lights come on? is there any sign of life? Did you check that it's getting spark at the plug?

TaoTao is not known for quality or reliability. We have 3 shops in Denver, all refuse to work on them beyond oil changes and tires/brakes.
iwannascoot

Post by iwannascoot »

You might have better luck at http://49ccscoot.proboards.com They are more into Chinese scoots.

Billy
Tim f

Post by Tim f »

Yes there is spark and yes I have light it just won't start it turns over I have gas in carb spark plug is dry and I cleaned carb twice
jickel

Post by jickel »

Will it run off of Carb cleaner if you spray it into the carb? Might be worth spending the 25 bucks for a new China replacement carb. If it doesn't run if you spray Carb cleaner into the carb, try spraying some into the spark plug hole, quickly install the spark plug and see if it'll run for a few seconds. If so, then get a new carb. If it doesn't run even if bypassing the carb by spraying carb cleaner into the cylinder directly, try a valve adjustment.

I had a bout with an old China scoot that ran for a little while, had spark, and had fuel getting to the carb, but suddenly stopped working. One new carb and valve adjustment later it was running like a champ again.