Interesting Craigslist finds

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

Post by Syd »

Christophers wrote:
Syd wrote:Good job.

:shock:
Compared to the first pic, it is a good cosmetic job.
Christophers wrote:
Syd wrote:Looks like the BMW C1.
No
Except for that. :oops:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
vintagegarage

Sunny 3 Wheeler

Post by vintagegarage »

Here is another kind of three wheel tilting scooter we see a lot on craigslist in here Florida. They are generally sold here under the brand name "Sunny", and also "Dongfang" and they seem to come in three engine sizes (50 cc, 150 cc, 300 cc) and two body styles. One style looks pretty much like a regular scooter, (MC_D50TKA, MC_D150TKA, MC_D300TKA), and the other looks sort of like a Honda Ruckus and the name ends in "TKC". This ad is for one of the later. This one looks to be factory stock. Here is the photo:

Here is the craigslist ad:

https://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/d/20 ... 94263.html

Here is a link for more info on the "Ruckus Style":

http://df-motor.com/product_show.asp?id=662

There are many youtube video of these things. Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNsdE6Qb_-E
k1dude

Re: Sunny 3 Wheeler

Post by k1dude »

vintagegarage wrote:Image
Now that's pretty darn cool.
vintagegarage

Post by vintagegarage »

May have been sold.. I see that the craigslist ad has been pulled..
vintagegarage

Post by vintagegarage »

Here is another one, this time with the scooter body style.. seems like I see about one a month of these, and they all have very low mileage. I guess that should be a warning to buyer.. "looks fun, but not so much". This one is 50cc according to the ad, if so I would call it a Dong Fang MC_D50TKA:

Here is the craigslist ad:

https://daytona.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ne ... 03429.html
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I want that Dragster bad!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

That Dragster is super cool!
Syd

Post by Syd »

BuddyRaton wrote:I want that Dragster bad!
It's only 1500 miles away.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

sc00ter wrote:That Dragster is super cool!
A pretty rare find...
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Syd wrote:
Oh don't think I'm not considering it! I would drive that far to pick it up!
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Syd wrote:
:)

It is tempting.

Luckily for me I've seen these beasts in person and they truly are as fugly as they look like they are. That's been my saving grace for not doing something like you're contemplating. That and the notorious unreliability and difficulty getting parts.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Syd wrote:
Take a "P", then take a drag. Sounds like my morning routine.
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

charlie55 wrote:
Take a "P", then take a drag. Sounds like my morning routine.
hah! *snort* I hear ya! :rofl:
honi soit qui mal y pense
charlie55

'47 Salsbury

Post by charlie55 »

Syd

Re: '47 Salsbury

Post by Syd »

Christophers

Re: '47 Salsbury

Post by Christophers »

LOL :lol:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Christophers wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:
Syd wrote:It's only 1500 miles away.
:)

It is tempting.

Luckily for me I've seen these beasts in person and they truly are as fugly as they look like they are. That's been my saving grace for not doing something like you're contemplating. That and the notorious unreliability and difficulty getting parts.
It's a Dragster. Not about looks or reliability for me. I'm good at wrenching and parts chasing (scored one of the last NOS OEM Riva 200 belts is US). It's about a fast liquid cooled 2T motor with exceptional handling!
Last edited by BuddyRaton on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.teamscootertrash.com

Point37

Post by Point37 »

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Gee, when I was a teenaged kid, my neighbor had a Silver Pigeon. He bought it at the Monkey Wards store in Portland. Rode it to work every day in good weather. That is the first scooter I remember seeing as a kid other than Cushmans, which were common in my area. After I starting looking around, I saw a couple of Allstate Vespas as well. Two or three years later the first Honda 50s appeared and I bought one. The rest is history :wink: .
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

That thing looks incredibly heavy.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

JettaKnight wrote:That thing looks incredibly heavy.
It appears that the weight of the 200cc Silver Pidgeon (C-90) was within about ten pounds of the weight of a Vespa GT200.

https://www.bike-urious.com/1961-rockfo ... er-pigeon/
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Why wait for the Genuine 400C when you can do 90+ MPH, get 170 MPG, and shoot 18 inch flames out yer' tailpipe?

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 21549.html

A big bore kit that'll add 100ccs? Really? I didn't know that International Harvester was into aftermarket Roketa parts.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Are there cliffs high enough nearby to get to terminal velocity? :D
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:Are there cliffs high enough nearby to get to terminal velocity? :D
Not at the Jersey Shore, no. Whoever wrote that ad had a vivid imagination, didn't they? :roll:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

charlie55 wrote:Why wait for the Genuine 400C when you can do 90+ MPH, get 170 MPG, and shoot 18 inch flames out yer' tailpipe?

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/mcy/ ... 21549.html

A big bore kit that'll add 100ccs? Really? I didn't know that International Harvester was into aftermarket Roketa parts.
"Clean title, no accidents, clean engine with big improvements!

This Roketa Mootor Scooter has after market CVT Belt, Bore Kit and Exhaust System. Imm the original owner so not fooling around with not knowing anything about the history of this ride. The speed can go well above 90mph (fastest I'm willing to go but if you want to go faster once you own it be my guest) 0-86 in 6.5 seconds, and the muffler shoots 18 inch flames. I did all the work myself. It was originally a 150cc but once I did the bore kit and after market exhaust it was considered a 250cc. Custom paint job freshly done. Inspection still good. This is my baby and I've taken great care of it. But I can't ride anymore due to recent epilepsy diagnosis. 170mpgAsking 900$.
"

!? :shock: :roll:?! I think his epilepsy has affected more than just his body...
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

https://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/d/scoo ... 79979.html

Someone in Boise believes they can get someone to pay $1800 for a 2006 Buddy 50 with only 17 miles on it. I really like that in the description it states that the bike weighs 386 lbs and gets 176 MPG and that the clutch is manual or hand shifting. I also like their very liberal use of asterisks throughout the description.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

cummingsjc wrote:https://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/d/scoo ... 79979.html

Someone in Boise believes they can get someone to pay $1800 for a 2006 Buddy 50 with only 17 miles on it. I really like that in the description it states that the bike weighs 386 lbs and gets 176 MPG and that the clutch is manual or hand shifting. I also like their very liberal use of asterisks throughout the description.
Marijuana is legal in some States....
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I normally don't care for Harley's, but this one may convert me. Couldn't hurt to just go have a look and sit on it...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcd/d/ ... 67901.html

"If you're going to hit it, hit it hard. The All-new Street Rodâ„¢ is built to take you to the edge. It's got a new High Output Revolution Xâ„¢ engine that redlines your adrenaline level at 9000 rpm. Drag style bars with bar-end mirrors, new 43 mm inverted front forks and piggyback reservoir rear shocks let you shred traffic like you're starring in your getaway scene. One twist of the throttle and you'll never look back."
Attachments
harley.jpg
harley.jpg (35.8 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

babblefish wrote:I normally don't care for Harley's, but this one may convert me. Couldn't hurt to just go have a look and sit on it...
Harley is putting a lot of effort into these 500 and 750 bikes. I presume it is their strategy to attract younger riders to their aging customer base. Around here, I have never seen one of these small Harleys on the street, so my impression is that they haven't attracted much attention.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Dooglas wrote:
babblefish wrote:I normally don't care for Harley's, but this one may convert me. Couldn't hurt to just go have a look and sit on it...
Harley is putting a lot of effort into these 500 and 750 bikes. I presume it is their strategy to attract younger riders to their aging customer base. Around here, I have never seen one of these small Harleys on the street, so my impression is that they haven't attracted much attention.
Same here. Funny, but when they first came out with these a couple of years ago, there were none to be found at the NY motorcycle show.

While I understand the bad boy Harley image, that marketing shtick about shredding through traffic and never looking back? :roll: At my stage of the game, I'll pass on being the shredder and settle for not being the shredee.

P.S.: Looks like Harley had some leftover Buell headlight fairings. :lol:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Dooglas wrote:
Well, they're priced right and I've always liked the way Harley's sound.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

The XGs are attracting more attention in overseas markets. They haven't gotten much traction with them in the US.
Last edited by jrsjr on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Strange, as I see the smaller (500 and 750) Harley's on a regular basis out in the wild. We also have 2 750's and a 500 at my job. Not bad looking bikes at all in person.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I didn't even see one when I went to the national flat track races at Williams Grove last fall. Your local dealer may have done a blow-out sale.

The good news is, I htink Harley Davidson may have some new products coming which will interest a new generation of riders. Here is the FXDR 114 Harley announced today.
Attachments
2019 Harley Davidson FXDR 114
2019 Harley Davidson FXDR 114
082118-2019-harley-davidson-fxdr-114-f.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I've never seen one of these before - 1960 Heinkel Tourist. Doesn't look like there's enough clearance for the front wheel to steer though.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/ ... 48991.html

"This is a very nice example that just made its way over from The Netherlands. The older paint job has some patina and a few chips and such, but overall presentation of this bike is very nice. I have gone through the framework underneath and have cleaned, polished and repainted where prudent or necessary. New retro style mirrors were installed. All the switchgear work, but the plastic horn button is missing...It still works if you press the spot where it was, and a replacement is easily available from the Heinkel Club of Germany. I have ridden it for a few weeks now to insure no surprises, and none have presented themselves.

For those not familiar, the Heinkel Tourist was considered "The Rolls-Royce of Scooters" back in it's day. It sports a 4-stroke 175cc engine and an electric start. It has a 4 speed twist-grip gearbox with a tall 4th gear that allows flat ground cruising exceeding 55 MPH."
Attachments
Heinkel Tourist.jpg
Heinkel Tourist.jpg (34.1 KiB) Viewed 5157 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

A few vintage scooters on Craigslist at the moment.

1959 Riverside Silver Pigeon
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/d/ ... 94898.html

"Selling my rare, one of a kind vintage 1959 Riverside Silver Pigeon scooter. This scooter runs and drives like new. I've owned it since the mid-1980s and have only put about 10 miles on it.

These were manufactured by Mitsubishi for the US market back in the 50s and early 60s. This is a model C-75 with a 192cc four- stroke engine. It has a continuous variable (CVT) automatic transmission.

Engine starts immediately, compression is great. It idles and runs perfectly with plenty of power. The scooter runs, drives and stops perfectly. All lights and mechanical item work. Battery box is intact with no rust. Comes with owner's and repair manuals.

I've gone through all the mechanical items and all mechanical items work perfectly. I've replaced obvious wear items: drive belt, chain, tires and tubes, fuel hose, spark plug and wire, tail lamp bulbs, wiring, seat upholstery.
Very little surface rust as you can see from the pictures. Sheet metal repainted and shines great. No title."
Attachments
pigeon2.jpg
pigeon2.jpg (32.62 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
pigeon.jpg
pigeon.jpg (31.09 KiB) Viewed 5153 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

These look interesting but I have to wonder what kind of quality can be had for $1249, new...

2018 Amstar Motors Eagle 150cc Scooter
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcd/d/ ... 01821.html

"Brand new Amstar 150cc Scooter

Two styles to choose from

Powerful and Reliable 150cc Four-Stroke Engine, Lots of Power
Automatic Transmission
56 MPH Top Speed
Rated at 81 MPG
Very good quality and proven track record of reliability with this model"
Attachments
amstar3.jpg
amstar3.jpg (24.01 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
amstar2.jpg
amstar2.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
amstar.jpg
amstar.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Wish I could afford this:

1974 Ducati 750GT
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/d/ ... 75516.html

"I took this 1974 Ducati 750GT on as a running driving project. It ran well and was complete, but it was almost entirely flat black and needed some love. I didn't have the intent to restore it, but rather to make it a nice clean example that didn't need anything done right away.
I stripped all of the flat black. The tank, fenders and side covers were taken to bare metal and repainted in the original colors and in the original color scheme. The forks and wheels were cleaned up and resprayed. The rear shocks were removed, cleaned up and polished. The seat cover was re-stretched. The horns were cleaned up and repaired. The engine was cleaned and wiped down. The frame looked pretty good overall.
Note that the instrument housing plastic is cracked where the screws go through.
My pictures tell the story. If you want to go the next step, that would include chroming the Conti pipes, wheels and headlight ring.
As of now, it looks and sounds great, runs, shifts and drives well, and stops smartly. The gear shifter can pop out of first when cold if not shifted with purpose. Other than the above, it is good to go."
Attachments
duc750a.jpg
duc750a.jpg (35.83 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
duc750.jpg
duc750.jpg (52.39 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
Point37

Post by Point37 »

not interesting but the price is really good depending on mileage and year...i'm thinking either older folks trying to sell it or may not have a title or it's stolen...i saved the ad in my favorites cause it originally said buddy 125 in the ad and you can clearly see the 50 emblem on the front cover

https://southcoast.craigslist.org/mcy/d ... 91662.html
anamoto

Post by anamoto »

babblefish wrote:Here's a rare bird. Ad doesn't say whether it's a 250 or 450 though.

1968 Ducati Scrambler: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/6054683063.html
Nice
Syd

Post by Syd »

That last one is in my hometown. Small world.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Found this one, only if you need it.
Attachments
DUIbike.jpg
DUIbike.jpg (42.22 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Syd wrote:That last one is in my hometown. Small world.
Ihave that last one. Paid half the price too.

Huh, you were pretty close by. Thirty years ago, I was putting around Hudson/Nashua on a '64 Vespa 150. Six years later, I was riding a '74 Rally 200. Wish I had either of those bikes now.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

Post by Syd »

az_slynch wrote:
Syd wrote:That last one is in my hometown. Small world.
Ihave that last one. Paid half the price too.

Huh, you were pretty close by. Thirty years ago, I was putting around Hudson/Nashua on a '64 Vespa 150. Six years later, I was riding a '74 Rally 200. Wish I had either of those bikes now.
Nah, I left there in '72. Thirty years ago I was opening a garage in Cornville, Arizona. Bad idea, but I did it anyway.