Scooter for sale sites/aggregator suggestions

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasong222

Scooter for sale sites/aggregator suggestions

Post by jasong222 »

Hey all,

I'm kinda trying/thinking about upgrading my Buddy 2015/50 to something larger. I notice when I do a simple google "buy scooter ##xx" search that there are a handful of search/for sale aggregator sites that list scooters for sale. (USA, nationwide, but NYC specifically).

I was wondering what ones you guys use/know of. I'd like to try out some other options other than craigslist, which is really all I've been trying so far.

I -just- missed out on a sweet sweet Piaggio Fly 150 at a great price...

Sites like CycleTrader.com, etc.

Any thoughts?

-J
Last edited by jasong222 on Wed May 10, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NYC/Brooklyn ITH
2015 Buddy 50
And so on.....
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Being old school I only search Craigs List and Offer Up when searching. A friend is part of a Facebook page that he has found scooters on, but I dont do Facebook. If you are selling, and the price is fair, and because its summer you could just toss a For Sale sign on it and ride it to the stores and park it out front. I had 3 people wanting my Zuma 50 that I just sold. No ads, just word of mouth at work and it was sold in 4 days. Sold my Buddy 125 the same way.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

charlie55 wrote:www.scooterfinds.com
+1 for Scooterfinds.com.
giddyup98

Post by giddyup98 »

I actually purchased two of my scooters on ebay. Before there was an opening bid, I directly contacted the seller and simply asked him how much he/she wanted for the bike. We agreed on a price and I quickly arranged to pick up the bike with cash in hand. I purchased both my 2009 Kymco Grand Vista and my 2006 Vespa LX 150 using this approach. With the exception of two of my scoots, which I bought new, all my other scoots, including my two Buddies, were found on CL. All of my bikes had very low mileage when I purchased them and I paid thousands of $ less than their original cost. I would never buy new again.
2009 Genuine Buddy 125
2012 Genuine Buddy 170
2005 Vespa GT 200
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

cummingsjc wrote:
charlie55 wrote:www.scooterfinds.com
+1 for Scooterfinds.com.
Scooter finds is a good resource. Scoot.net is geared more toward the serious and vintage scooterists but if it's a scooter you can lit there for free. http://scoot.net/

Don't forget the forums. I bought a 2009 Buddy 125 listed on MB for $330. A starter, stator, top box and windshield and flipped for $1,600. Modern Vespa also has a good classified section.

I have also "stolen" a couple of scooters off ebay...throw down a low bid and let it ride!

For me the hunt is part of the fun. I have too many scooters (yeah like that will ever happen) but I am a player for kick ass deals...and they are out there to be found

Good hunting and keep us updated!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Just to add another idea here. I actually flushed out my Yammie C3 with a wanted to buy on CL. I put it in the ''for sale'' section with ''wanted'' in the title. Got a response in less than a day.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com