tire ?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

luckyscroller788

tire ?

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Going to need new rubber on my wifes buddy 170i . Gotta be whitewalls. Ive seen the Prima, Shinko, and Continentals so far, still searching for Maxxis and any others. I would like to hear any recommendations for which tires are of better quality. The Continentals I have seen are almost twice the $'s , but if they are twice the tire, I am ok with that, knowing that emergency room visits , funerals, and such are way more expensive than the tire price differences.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

This is my 2 cents:
Prima's wear out rather quick and dont roll that smooth. Do look good.
Shinko's last pretty long and have a smooth ride, but I dont think they come in exact Buddy sizes. Sizing options have been discussed numerous times.
Conti's are worth the extra money but the vintage "brick"pattern is ugly! Remind me of cheapo bicycle tires.
Maxxis have been discontinued last I checked. They were the best. All used ones will be well past their sell by date by now.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Here is a Shinko in the correct size:

https://www.amazon.com/Shinko-White-Wal ... +whitewall

I don't have experience with this specific tire, but I like Shinko tires overall. Good value for the price.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I prefer the Continental Zippy. We have been running those on our Buddy for several years. They are not particularly expensive thru Motorcycle Superstore.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/17 ... -rear-tire
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

just an opinion...might behoove ya to bypass the whitewall aesthetic and think more practically; you will have a wider selection of tires by 'compromising' and going with blackwalls; honestly they don't detract from the overall appearance and having more choices are better in my mind...
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?