Recently Dropped Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scooterbro

Recently Dropped Buddy 125

Post by scooterbro »

So the other night I slid on gravel and ended up with some damage on my buddy. I am fine, thank goodness but my muffler seems cracked, my mirrors are toast and there is some body damage but not too much to the scooter.

I thought this might be a good time to upgrade parts. I always felt the rear tire was a bit "thin" looking for some direction on a chunkier tire for more traction.

Any recommendations for the muffler?

Has anyone attempted an update to the headlight assembly similar to what "Mitch" has done on his youtube channel to his Piaggio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V21r5t3sFjU

Thank you in advance for any advice.
paracer

Post by paracer »

About the muffler. Depending on where it's cracked, a muffler shop might be able to weld it up. Is it cracked at the flange or where the muffle meet the pipe, or is it along one of the pieces.

If you want a good replacement, Deedee has a Prima pipe for sale here on the forum.
GoSlash27

Post by GoSlash27 »

I just helped a friend replace the muffler on his Vino. Same story as yours.

Be aware that the impact on the muffler may have knocked your mounting points out of line or even bent an exhaust stud. If so, you will have to get that sorted out before the new muffler will install correctly.

Good luck,
-Slashy
Dooglas

Re: Recently Dropped Buddy 125

Post by Dooglas »

scooterbro wrote:So the other night I slid on gravel and ended up with some damage on my buddy.
Be sure you post on the "who's crashed" thread.

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewto ... start=1700
scooterbro

Post by scooterbro »

Thanks guys. The exhaust cracked right where the weld is connecting the pipe to the muffler. Also lost a left brake handle which I am in the process of replacing right now.