Hooligan 1 yr later

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

luckyscroller788

Hooligan 1 yr later

Post by luckyscroller788 »

Well, yesterday was the one year anniversary of having my Hooligan. Around 1300 miles ( I think) I was having some hot engine issues that were frustrating for both me and my dealer/service center. But I think that's been figured out, as I haven't had any issues since. On the one yr anniversary yesterday, I noted my odometer is at 4270 miles. Its running stronger than ever!! Not bad for a Wisconsin year, where winter seems to last 9 or 10 months!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Nice! What's tour top speed now that it's broken in?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

So what did you or your dealer do to resolve the overheating issue?
luckyscroller788

Syd wrote:Nice! What's tour top speed now that it's broken in?
I can do a bit over 60 actual mph fairly regularly. Today I got it to where the speedo said 75 mph, but I don't know my actual speed as I didn't have the gps with. It is definatly quicker now than when I first got it, but I really didn't push it for the first few months because I was breaking it in.
luckyscroller788

Dooglas wrote:So what did you or your dealer do to resolve the overheating issue?
well, somewhere back last summer I posted about all the things the dealer tried, from some screwy crankcase breather that was a failure, to the last thing they done, which was a valve adjustment. They said they were a little out of adjustment, but not majorly. Since then though I have not had any issue, so maybe that was the problem. I will admit though, we haven't had temps much over 80 degrees here yet this year.