Wont start....any ideas?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

blublud

Wont start....any ideas?

Post by blublud »

Hello all,
Today I went for a ride on my 2014 Hooligan. Nothing out of the ordinary during the ride. Picked up my daughter for a quick trip to get ice cream. While inside getting our cones, we came outside to my scooter tipped over against a hill in the parking lot. Not sure if someone tipped it over, or if it was something else. Kickstand was down and secure to my inspection of it. No damage to the scooter that I can see. When going through the usual operation of starting it, nothing. I get an error code on the digital speedometer that reads cD 14-02. Sounds like the starter wants to fire it over, but will not. Battery tested fine, all the fuses test fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Ryan
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

If possible, leave it alone for a day or so then try it again. When scooters get laid on their sides fuel and oil get into the wrong places and need time to settle back into he right places. This is particularly true of carbureted engines (where the carburetor float won't stop the engine from being flooded out with gas) but could also be the case for your EFI Hooligan. Smarter folks than I on this forum will probably give you a better answer than this but I have had a number of decent running scooters have temporary issues after being laid on their side. Continuing to try to crank them normally only results in a dead battery.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
dh12791

Curious if you ever got this resolved

Post by dh12791 »

Hi I have a Genuine Hooligan same year with the same code. Im curious if you ever got this code (CD 14-02) figured out?
Syd

Post by Syd »

I gotta ask: Kill switch?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
JettaKnight

Re: Curious if you ever got this resolved

Post by JettaKnight »

dh12791 wrote:Hi I have a Genuine Hooligan same year with the same code. Im curious if you ever got this code (CD 14-02) figured out?

Don't you just hate finding an old thread about the exact same problem, but no answer?
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

14-02 is a code that sometimes shows up when the battery is super low, or if the computer suspects the power is inconsistent. I would check your battery voltage, check battery connections, and if all else fails, replace all the fuses.
ucandoit

Post by ucandoit »

Syd's comment about checking the Kill-Switch is so funny and true. It has to be the first thing to check. More than once I've been baffled why the scooter won't start, and sure enough, the kill-switch had been turned on, either by another rider who thought that was the way to stop the engine, or by myself accidentally.
Syd

Post by Syd »

ucandoit wrote:Syd's comment about checking the Kill-Switch is so funny and true. It has to be the first thing to check. More than once I've been baffled why the scooter won't start, and sure enough, the kill-switch had been turned on, either by another rider who thought that was the way to stop the engine, or by myself accidentally.
I was rolling my scoot up the hitch hauler when it came to me. :oops: :evil:
The majority is always sane - Nessus