Can anyone identify this topcase and if I can still buy it?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MohnJadden

Can anyone identify this topcase and if I can still buy it?

Post by MohnJadden »

Forums member C2 did a review of the K-Max topcase, and he mentioned there was a stock topcase on his. Photo:

ImageIMG_2922 by christopher_wbo, on Flickr

I really, really like the stock topcase and how it's all one color. I'd love to put it on my tangerine Buddy. Anyone know the make/model and where I can buy it?
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Thats the old Genuine branded top case. Go K-Max. There is a reason Genuine switched to a better quality brand and had it color matched to their scooters. You have been spoiled by a GIVI, stick with a K-Max. Flimsy trunks that rattle and are hard to open/close are no fun! K-Max for the win!
MohnJadden

Post by MohnJadden »

If my Buddy didn't have some kind of variant where the inner plastics were that nice tan-orange and thus would clash with the all black, I'd do the K-Max.

How bad were the old ones, if I can even get my hands on one? I don't intend to haul heavy cargo, just a laptop bag.
a2dmusic

Post by a2dmusic »

Man I wish they made those to match the Brit/Oxford Racing Green... that's my ride and the greens they have would look worse than black, so black it is...

...first world problems...