Rattler 110 running issue...sputtering under power

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fiddlefan

Rattler 110 running issue...sputtering under power

Post by fiddlefan »

I have a 2009 Rattler 110 that has developed a sputtering running issue while accelerating. The scoot only has about 500 or so miles on it. I have drained and put in new non-ethanol gas, cleaned the carburetor throughout, installed a new fuel filter, cleaned both air filter elements, installed a new NGK BPR7HS plug and the air screw is set at 1-1/4 turns out. It kinda runs like the auto enricher/auto choke is on even when the scooter engine warms up a bit. I unplugged the auto choke and it didn't seem to correct the running issue. Any of you experienced scooter enthusiast/mechanics/tuners have a clue what the problem may be, in the interest of me further troubleshooting?
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

It works best if you post this inquiry in only one of the forums rather than having duplicate threads in two sub-forums. Maybe you could just post a reference to your primary post on this sub-forum asking folks with interest in it to go to the other post. That way you don't get multiple threads going and confusing people. The other reason for this is that many times assistance comes best from people feeding off the answers of others as the discussion develops, diagnostic questions are asked, etc.
fiddlefan

Post by fiddlefan »

Sorry, my bad. Live and learn, right? :oops:
It's official... I'm a "scootaholic"...even have the custom t-shirt to prove it.