Bent Rear Rim

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NetSurge

Bent Rear Rim

Post by NetSurge »

Hello all. I'm looking to replace the rims on my 2008 buddy 150 Pamplona.

Two questions.

It looks like there is a way to replace just the outer portion of the rim? I can only find the whole rim in that color.

I think I found just the outer part on scooter works in silver, but then I would have to paint and I'm not sure if this is even the right part. https://www.scooterwest.com/rear-rim-on ... ilver.html Has anyone dealt with this? Looking to see if I should just buy the whole rear wheel, but I'd like to save the 60 bucks if possible.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Buddy scooters use a one piece tubless rim front and rear.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
HowHH

Post by HowHH »

The rim from Scooterwest appears to be the correct part. Rear wheels/rims also show up from time to time on ebay. Rear wheel for Buddy 125, 150, or 170i will fit your Pamp. Find the closest rattle can color to match the other wheel and you're good to go!
Point37

Post by Point37 »

part number seems to be the same...
http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/buddy125rearwheel
NetSurge

Post by NetSurge »

BuddyRaton wrote:Buddy scooters use a one piece tubless rim front and rear.
Thanks. Have you checked the link? it does look like the rear wheel can be separated into two pieces as it looks like the outter part is bolted onto the inner part, and that link looks like it might be one of those two pieces.
350kmi

Post by 350kmi »

You are correct, the rear wheels on the Buddy 125/150/170 can be separated into 2 pieces. In the scooterlounge diagram the outer part (the rim) is #7 and the inner part (brake drum/hub) is #8. The drum assembly has 5 studs that stick out and which pass through the rim and two halves are bolted together with lock nuts. C2407144770 appears to be the part number for just rim with no brake drum/hub.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

The OP asked about the rim...that is one piece. The hub with the lugs...which the rim bolts to is a completely separate part. You should only need to remove the hub (drum) to replace the brake shoes.

To remove the rear "wheel" (rim and tire) get it on the center stand and remove the exhaust and unbolt the lugs. No reason to make the job harder than it is.

Order a rim, as suggested paint it, mount a tire, bolt it back to the hub, torque the bolts properly, reinstall the exhaust then ride!
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
NetSurge

Post by NetSurge »

Ahh, OK. I think I was looking at the whole "Wheel assembly" which was about 170$ and not having too much luck finding just the rim. Could be my searching, but from what everyone is saying here is that I can in-fact just buy the rim in silver on the links here and spray can it. Sweet. Anyone happen to know off the cuff what the best color to get would be? Thanks!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Yeah it can get confusing. Believe me I have a bunch of wrong parts that I ordered (anyone need a Rally front axle?) so good idea to check first.

As far a color...whatever you like best! If you want them to match the body panels you should be able to take one panel (the front is the easiest) to an auto paint supplier (I have used Sherwin Williams) have it scanned and they will put matching paint in a spray can for you.
www.teamscootertrash.com