Flushing/Bleeding Front Brake Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PistolPete7390

Flushing/Bleeding Front Brake Buddy 125

Post by PistolPete7390 »

Looking for some direction on Flushing/Bleeding Front Brakes on my 2007 Buddy 125. Front break is feeling a little soft.

Is there already posts that people know of about doing so?

Looking for some steps for clarification so I don't screw it up.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Everyone!

Happy Riding!
Point37

Post by Point37 »

had to use a site specific search on google...way easier than the search function on here...

site:http://www.modernbuddy.com front brake bleeding

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewto ... kes#197608
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

You can do it by yourself, but it is easier if you have a friend squeezing the lever. You have to remove the top part of the headset. Get a small clear hose to fit over the bleed nipple. Remove the reservoir cover, and drain out the old fluid w/ a turkey baster or syringe. Fill up close to the top. Have the tube on the nipple, and the other end in a clear bottle. Open the nipple 1/4 turn, squeeze, hold lever in. Tighten nipple, release lever. Repeat until new brake fluid comes out the end of the tube. You will have to refill the reservoir 2 or 3 times. Be careful not to let the reservoir run empty. Do not let out the lever if the nipple is open. Loads of YouTube videos showing how to do this. Once your done squeeze and release the lever a few times to build up pressure. Might as well check your pads why your at it.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Ace Hardware sells clear flexible tubing by the foot. Get yourself a 1/4-20 bolt. The bolt will slide into the diameter you need w/ a bit of friction. Buy 12 to 15" of it. Get the smallest brake fluid container you can buy. It only takes a few ounces.
Attachments
hose.jpg
hose.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

How do you know when it is the new brake fluid, and not the old one?
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

You can tell by the color. That's where a clear tube and clear bottle help. Old fluid will be the color of dark honey. New fluid looks like vegetable oil.
PistolPete7390

Post by PistolPete7390 »

DeeDee wrote:You can do it by yourself, but it is easier if you have a friend squeezing the lever. You have to remove the top part of the headset. Get a small clear hose to fit over the bleed nipple. Remove the reservoir cover, and drain out the old fluid w/ a turkey baster or syringe. Fill up close to the top. Have the tube on the nipple, and the other end in a clear bottle. Open the nipple 1/4 turn, squeeze, hold lever in. Tighten nipple, release lever. Repeat until new brake fluid comes out the end of the tube. You will have to refill the reservoir 2 or 3 times. Be careful not to let the reservoir run empty. Do not let out the lever if the nipple is open. Loads of YouTube videos showing how to do this. Once your done squeeze and release the lever a few times to build up pressure. Might as well check your pads why your at it.
Thank you DeeDee! Great information here! You actually assisted me in the finding of my 2007 Buddy 125 Italia a year ago from the Bronx. You sent the information to my brother and I went and bought it! My brother Matt bought a Orange 06 Buddy 125 off you in Denver! You're help and assistance is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!