Buddy Kick resale value

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Choppergirl

Buddy Kick resale value

Post by Choppergirl »

Hello! I have a 2019 Buddy Kick with 1300 miles on it, like-new condition. I may be selling it in a few months, and can not get a suggested value off Kelley Blue Book because there just aren’t that many used Kicks being sold. Can anyone give me an idea of what a fair asking price would be? I was initially thinking $2500. Too high? Too low? I’m on the island of Kauai, thinking if moving back to the mainland, which is the reason for the sale - otherwise I’d keep it forever, great little bike. Being on a tiny island, there’s a limited market, so that may negatively affect the resale value. But at the same time, fun little beach scooters are pretty popular here, perfect spot for it! Thoughts?
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Your best bet will be to look on Craigslist and see what is out there and what it is going for. I have bought and sold quite a few scooters over the last 10 years. Blue book has never entered into it. You don't really know what it's worth until you have a buyer on your doorstep with an open wallet.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

So many variables. What's it worth in HI? Where are you going? What's it worth there? What will it cost you to ship where you are going?

Classified ads are free on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, the OfferUp app, etc. If $2500 seems like a number with which you'd be happy, post it at $2750 and see what kind of offers you get. It costs you nothing to find out.

I just bought a Buddy 150 with an HI title. Since the seller was shipping a whole container back to the mainland, the additional cost for shipping the Buddy was zero, and they felt it could sell for more in NV. Did it? I doubt it, but I got a good deal!

Big grain of salt and YMMV
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The selling price of the Kick is very close to that of the 170i. Both are fuel injected. Seems like resale should be similar as well.
Choppergirl

Post by Choppergirl »

Thank you guys, good info! 🙂🤙
SemperVee

Post by SemperVee »

Hi, Waiting to pick up my private party sale of a 2020 Buddy Kick with 1100 miles. It comes with the matching top case mounted on the accessory rack and NO warranty for the second owner but for $2600 I think it is worth the risk. Time will tell. This is in Seattle.
Choppergirl

Post by Choppergirl »

SemperVee wrote:Hi, Waiting to pick up my private party sale of a 2020 Buddy Kick with 1100 miles. It comes with the matching top case mounted on the accessory rack and NO warranty for the second owner but for $2600 I think it is worth the risk. Time will tell. This is in Seattle.
Great info, thanks! Very comparable to mine. 🙂