New guy, here.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ronnie421

New guy, here.

Post by ronnie421 »

Hello everyone. Ron here, S. Texas. My new bike will be ready in a few days. I purchased a 2016 Buddy 170i, used WITH 320 MILES ON IT, FOR 920 DOLLARS. Looks like it still belongs on the showroom floor. I am excited and ready to go out and have some fun! Just wanted to stop by and say hello and introduce myself. Hope everyone is having a great day!
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

Welcome, and I think you got a fantastic buy!
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

eggsalad wrote:Welcome, and I think you got a fantastic buy!
Thank you. I couldn't pass it up. The motorcycle dealer had it on the floor. He just put it out a couple of days ago. I saw the price. SOLD. Can't wait to get out there!
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Welcome to the addiction.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

wheelbender6 wrote:Welcome to the addiction.
GLAD TO BE HERE! I haven't even picked up my scooter yet and I'm already planning a long ride in the near future. Cross country, maybe? Gonna need a couple of partners. Anyone?
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I was going to say you might try a ride across your state first, but crossing Texas along I-10 is half the distance of a coast to coast ride.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

wheelbender6 wrote:I was going to say you might try a ride across your state first, but crossing Texas along I-10 is half the distance of a coast to coast ride.
You are just about correct. I am planning a couple of small rides, first. Maybe 300 miles or so. I will get a little more brave as time goes, especially going at it alone, if needed.
BayStateScooterist

Re: New guy, here.

Post by BayStateScooterist »

ronnie421 wrote:Hello everyone. Ron here, S. Texas. My new bike will be ready in a few days. I purchased a 2016 Buddy 170i, used WITH 320 MILES ON IT, FOR 920 DOLLARS. Looks like it still belongs on the showroom floor. I am excited and ready to go out and have some fun! Just wanted to stop by and say hello and introduce myself. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Welcome! That's a great deal! Is this your 1st bike? It's definitely an addiction. :D
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

BayStateScooterist wrote:
ronnie421 wrote:Hello everyone. Ron here, S. Texas. My new bike will be ready in a few days. I purchased a 2016 Buddy 170i, used WITH 320 MILES ON IT, FOR 920 DOLLARS. Looks like it still belongs on the showroom floor. I am excited and ready to go out and have some fun! Just wanted to stop by and say hello and introduce myself. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Welcome! That's a great deal! Is this your 1st bike? It's definitely an addiction. :D
It's actually my second. I bought a Kymco People 200 back in 2014. I only got to use it for a couple of weeks. I suffered a spinal cord injury while training for a cross country bike ride. Got run off the road and landed on my back which put me in a wheelchair for several months. So, I sold it after only a few days of owning it. I only got to ride it 4 times. But now I can walk with the aid of a cane and ready to get back on. I can't ride a bike anymore unless its a trike but my legs can't handle 70 mile days anymore. The pedaling is way too difficult. I sure miss my Cannondale touring bike, though. But I had just as much fun on my Kymco. Then I ran into this Buddy. Fell in love. It's go time, again. LOL.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Make sure to give us that first ride report! Photos are required or we kick you out!

OK...you don't get kicked out...we just really like them!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

ronnie421 wrote:
BayStateScooterist wrote:
It's actually my second. I bought a Kymco People 200 back in 2014. I only got to use it for a couple of weeks. I suffered a spinal cord injury while training for a cross country bike ride. Got run off the road and landed on my back which put me in a wheelchair for several months. So, I sold it after only a few days of owning it. I only got to ride it 4 times. But now I can walk with the aid of a cane and ready to get back on. I can't ride a bike anymore unless its a trike but my legs can't handle 70 mile days anymore. The pedaling is way too difficult. I sure miss my Cannondale touring bike, though. But I had just as much fun on my Kymco. Then I ran into this Buddy. Fell in love. It's go time, again. LOL.
Sorry to hear about your past injuries. Glad that you are well enough to start riding again. Post a pix of your new ride when you get it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Welcome to Modern Buddy, Ron. Buddy Raton's right, we like pictures.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BigJeff

Post by BigJeff »

after about an hour and a half in a buddy seat I'm ready to tap out. So good luck with those long distance cruises.
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

Syd wrote:Welcome to Modern Buddy, Ron. Buddy Raton's right, we like pictures.
I will definitely take a few pics and let you know when I pick up my bike. I will be registering for my riding permit next week! Can't wait!
ronnie421

Post by ronnie421 »

BigJeff wrote:after about an hour and a half in a buddy seat I'm ready to tap out. So good luck with those long distance cruises.
I've never been on a long ride on a scooter. I have been on long days on a bicycle seat, though, sometimes riding 80 miles. Those were some really long rides. Can't do that anymore. LOL. So, I'm hoping I can handle some long rides on my scooter. My buddy told me today that he wants to ride to Aspen next year. I live down in Corpus Christi, Tx. That's a LONG WAY. But I told him that I'm game if I he wants to go. You think my 170 can handle climbs? I'm afraid I may not have enough bike for that.