Stuck Float Jet

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pdc10814

Stuck Float Jet

Post by pdc10814 »

I have searched this site and I could not find anything that addresses my problem. I have a 2009 Buddy that I bought from a neighbor. It had been sitting for a while and would not start. I watched a video that was done by Robot, from Vespa Motorsport, on cleaning the carb. Very good video and I decided to give it a try. All went well until I got to the float jet. It seems stuck and would not come out. I did not want to damage anything and used a small pair of needle nosed pliers to try and get it out, but no luck. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any suggestions on how to get the float jet out without destroying anything? Thanks
Point37

Post by Point37 »

spray some penetrating oil in there and let it sit...try again later
'10 Triumph Bonneville SE (sold), '00 Yamaha TW200 (sold), '08 Husqvarna SM510R (sold), '05 Honda CBR 600RR (sold), '03 Honda CBR 600RR (sold)
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Float jet is not a thing. You have either a float valve, main jet, or idle/pilot jet. Please clarify which one is stuck.