Who remembers Alix and her 22,000 mile ride on a Buddy?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Who remembers Alix and her 22,000 mile ride on a Buddy?

Post by Howardr »

Honestly, I had mostly forgotten about the P.E.A.C.E. Ride. Alix rode her Buddy 125, named Audre, 22,000 miles over 189 days and rode a giant PEACE symbol over the US. This happened in 2007-2008

I remembered the ride a few weeks ago, reached out to her and we talked about her ride and how it influenced who she is today. My interview with her is in the next issue of The Scooter 'Zine.

If you want to learn more about The Scooter 'Zine, check out the website at thesccoterzine.com or find us on Facebook or Instagram.

Alix is doing well and still has Audre.

Howard

I can't remember how to post pics here, otherwise I would share a couple
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
JettaKnight

Re: Who remembers Alix and her 22,000 mile ride on a Buddy?

Post by JettaKnight »

Howardr wrote:Honestly, I had mostly forgotten about the P.E.A.C.E. Ride. Alix rode her Buddy 125, named Audre, 22,000 miles over 189 days and rode a giant PEACE symbol over the US. This happened in 2007-2008

I remembered the ride a few weeks ago, reached out to her and we talked about her ride and how it influenced who she is today. My interview with her is in the next issue of The Scooter 'Zine.

If you want to learn more about The Scooter 'Zine, check out the website at thesccoterzine.com or find us on Facebook or Instagram.

Alix is doing well and still has Audre.

Howard

I can't remember how to post pics here, otherwise I would share a couple

Now I remember...
Syd

Post by Syd »

I remember the Peace Ride. Can't wait to read the 'Zine's next issue!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Remember it well!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

I remember.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I remember I was too late to get to the sendoff, so I found a parking lot on Hull Street Road and waited and waited for Alix to ride by on the way out of town. I finally gave up and just as I left I happened to see her ride by going the other way. I think I was the first person to wave to her on the road!