Looks like the US will be getting something fun from Honda!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Looks like the US will be getting something fun from Honda!

Post by babblefish »

This is going to be high on my wish list! I'll have to pop on over to my closest Honda dealer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3O_5VW-ebxQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I like the looks and although the price will go well North of 5K once you add in tax, prep, etc., it's a Honda. Excellent track record and dealer network. The only fly in the ointment for me at least is the ergonomics -it looks super cramped as far as legroom goes. Perhaps the guy in the video is on the tall side, but if he's around 6 feet with long legs like me, then that crouch looks problematic.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

This is a stylized PCX 150. I had a PCX and it was a great scooter! At 5'9" with a 29" inseam it fit me fine. The report I read said the handlebar was in the wrong place for standing up while off-road. I doubt it will see much dirt. It is more for potholes and looking a little more macho than other scooters.
eggsalad

Post by eggsalad »

I can't understand how anyone buys a new Honda scooter. Some years back I looked at a Metro when the MSRP was $2299. At my local dealer, it was over $4k out the door with taxes and all their ridiculous fees.

At $4299 MSRP, I imagine the ADV150 will be SEVEN GRAND out the door.

I just don't see it as a $7000 vehicle in any way shape or form.

Maybe other Honda dealers don't charge such ridiculous fees, I dunno.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I wish Honda would bring the SH300 to US.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2mLGEkKGRc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Notice that the front wheel is bigger than the rear (14"/13").
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
personality

Post by personality »

Syd wrote:I wish Honda would bring the SH300 to US.
Agreed. The 300cc version would probably give Vespa some competition in that range.