Aftermarket Exhausts - Buddy 150

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jaylinb

Aftermarket Exhausts - Buddy 150

Post by Jaylinb »

In the 10 years I've had my Blackjack, I've gone through about 4 Prima exhausts and I've just about had it with them. Their weakest point (for me) is the mounting brackets on the muffler, and finding someone around here to weld SS is useless. I don't like the look of the OEM stock muffler, I'd like something better-looking and sounding.
Who has a different aftermarket exhaust on their Buddy, and how do you like it?
- If we never do what we've never done, we'll never have what we never did. Do something new!
Partly cloudy Pete
Dealer

Re: Aftermarket Exhausts - Buddy 150

Post by Partly cloudy Pete »

Jaylinb wrote:In the 10 years I've had my Blackjack, I've gone through about 4 Prima exhausts and I've just about had it with them. Their weakest point (for me) is the mounting brackets on the muffler, and finding someone around here to weld SS is useless. I don't like the look of the OEM stock muffler, I'd like something better-looking and sounding.
Who has a different aftermarket exhaust on their Buddy, and how do you like it?
NCY exhaust on mine, I had he blackjack one and changed it to the ncy, plus it sounds better not as loud.
Attachments
4286464A-0A9A-40CD-B1F7-B75DC74F8EEC.jpeg
4286464A-0A9A-40CD-B1F7-B75DC74F8EEC.jpeg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

What are your riding and storage conditions like? I have had a stainless prima exhaust for six years and it still feels solid. I even kept the scoot in a carport, about 1000 feet from the Gulf for three years. 5,000 miles or so.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Partly cloudy Pete
Dealer

Post by Partly cloudy Pete »

wheelbender6 wrote:What are your riding and storage conditions like? I have had a stainless prima exhaust for six years and it still feels solid. I even kept the scoot in a carport, about 1000 feet from the Gulf for three years. 5,000 miles or so.
I live in Las Vegas scooter is garaged