How to de-clog the Accelerator Pump Passage - 150cc Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ashearer

How to de-clog the Accelerator Pump Passage - 150cc Buddy

Post by ashearer »

Cleaned entire carb, jets, etc... Can't get carb fluid to flow through little accelerator pump passage. Won't flow into the body near the butterfly valve. I have boiled the body for 15 min, then use carb cleaner to get clean. Used copper wire to clear the large diameter portion, but the teeny tiny hole on the inside does not seem open. Tried compressed air at home.

Any suggestions? I was so excited to finally put everything back together. It looks so clean and ready to go, except for this one passage I CANNOT GET CLEARED... Ahh..

Suggestions please... I was hoping to get this fixed myself, but i suppose i might have to bring it in to a shop.

Is there i small hooked needle i need to buy to try and feed it from the inside of the carburetor?

Thanks,
Alana
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

The passage is a tiny tiny 90 degree bend, if it's well and truly plugged, and you've already tried taking off the pump to try to blast chemicals through, or a pick, then you might need to just replace the float bowl. All this being said, have you tried manually actuating the pump rapidly? It won't move anything when pumped slowly.