- The scooter sat for an extended period of time and would not start, or would start but die almost immediately. We suspected dad gas/gummed up carb
- Carb was removed, thoroughly cleaned, and gas tank cleaned and lines flushed.
- The idle/mixture knob was set back to the original position and carb reinstalled.
- The engine started easier but seemed to choke itself out and it was difficult to keep running. Once higher RPMs could be achieved, the engine would run, but it was still running very rich and after at operating temp. It was tough to get it to idle without dying.
- The battery had lost its ability to hold a charge, and we suspected that there was since the controls were electric, that we needed a good battery to ensure proper regulation. We changed the battery out. This didn't fix the problem.
- As part of further troubleshooting, we removed the air cleaner which showed excess fuel dumping, especially at lower RPMs when struggling to keep running. Multiple attempts at different idle mixture settings were made with no success.
I'm attaching a couple of videos that show what we are hearing/seeing.