Buddy Kick 125 Sitting - Battery Help?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

machineheart

Buddy Kick 125 Sitting - Battery Help?

Post by machineheart »

I'm a relatively new scooter owner with a Buddy Kick 125. Between COVID and weather, the scooter has been sitting for about 6 months and won't start. How would I restart the battery, or do I need to change it entirely? Is there a video or document for this?

I have the tires aired and I was on my last 1/4 tank of gas. Is there anything with the fuel I need to do or keep in mind?

Thanks for any tips, learned my lesson on letting it sit so long! :)
DeeDee

Re: Buddy Kick 125 Sitting - Battery Help?

Post by DeeDee »

You should siphon out that old fuel, especially if there is ethanol in it. Get as much out of it as you can. Put in half a tank of fresh high octane, and add an ounce of seafoam. Start it, and take it for a ride. Get it up to top speed, let it idle. Bring it back home, and shut it off. Let it sit overnight. Save these steps for when this happens again next summer. Battery might be ok, might not. Pull it out and put it on a slow charge. Read down to the end. Doogy tells you where the battery is: viewtopic.php?t=32794
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
Moyesdriver

Post by Moyesdriver »

Charge the battery, ride it to the gas station and fill it with regular. All that noise about draining, seafoam etc is a lot of homemade bullsh*t.

Everyone is a self- appointed expert on something. Check your tires, plug your ears and ride.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Two things to know about your battery for the future. You should have a low output battery tender/maintainer for off season use. And the Kick has a battery shutoff switch under the seat. You should also use that when the scooter is not being ridden for any length of time.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)