Help with two repair issues

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tomboy4equality

Help with two repair issues

Post by tomboy4equality »

Hi everyone, I used to be fairly active on this board from 2008 to 2016, can’t remember that screen name. Finally got back to riding our scooters, which has led to me attempting my own repairs. The group of us have two 2007 Buddy 125 and two 2008 Buddy 150. We rode them consistently through 2020, but due to some family issues and the pandemic, they all sat for a while. I’m not working, so I decided to give the repairs a shot myself. I had to change the fuel filter and clean the carb on one 2007, and it is now experiencing lack of acceleration. I made the mistake of soaking the carburetor diaphragm in purple power. I have tried reseating it, and using some white lithium grease, but the issue has not resolved. Is the diaphragm toast, or can someone suggest some additional tips.

Secondly, one of the 2008 150 had a windshield connector bolt snap off in the scooter. Numerous attempts with backout drill bits, metal drill bits, etc. have not resolved the issue. Even after sitting for over 24 hours with heavy duty penetrating oil. I resorted to taking the whole metal casing with the left brake lever, and turn signal/headlight controls completely apart. Now I am looking for that replacement part. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Lastly, does anyone have a link for where to get the windshield connector bolt.
Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
printdragon

Re: Help with two repair issues

Post by printdragon »

I have the switch assembly new in bag from PGO/Genuine includes both halves. $50 shipped
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Which side of mirror? Your right mirror is left hand thread. Maybe you are tightening it in more.

Get a new diaphragm.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-18 9.11.12 PM.png
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
tomboy4equality

Post by tomboy4equality »

Thank you for the replies, I was able to finally search the right terms and found the proper part. Thanks for the offer print dragon, that would have been great.
I also ordered a new diaphragm.