Urbano 50i

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

xracer

Urbano 50i

Post by xracer »

Considering an Urbano 50i but cannot find any info other than general specifications. Does anyone here own or ridden one? What are your impressions? What is the approximate average speed on flats. I assume it is restricted, however does anyone know which methods are used...variator boss, rev limiter, throttle position, etc.
Thanks in advance for your time.
sc00ter

Re: Urbano 50i

Post by sc00ter »

Get the Buddy 50 or a RH50. I think the Unbano is a Chinese 4-stroke, so no matter what you do it will be on the slower side. That being said it will be backed by Genuine as far as warranty work is concerned.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I'm with scOOter. The Buddy 50 and the RH50 are built by PGO in Taiwan and are quality products. The Brio, the Urbano, and the Go are not in the same league.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)
xracer

Post by xracer »

Thanks for the input guys. Really liked the size & styling of the Urbano 50. Dealer doesn't have the Buddy 50 or Roughhouse 50 available, just 1 Urbano 50 & 2 Brio 50's.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Look at your needs and what roads you will mainly be traveling. If the top speed will work for you (Can you test ride it?) it still might be a good purchase. I liked the old Venture big wheel scooter and almost scored one for $500, but it wasn't meant to be. I rode a bone stock 1998 Yamaha Zuma 14 miles each way to work, by choice, and did just fine at 38mph.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone on this forum has purchased a Urbano, so getting honest opinions is going to be hard from real world users. The Buddy 50 is a fantastic scooter with a cult like following, along with any 2-stroke Zuma. They are gateway drugs into bigger scooters and motorcycles. That's the only reason we recommend the Buddy or RH. We know them and love them.
xracer

Post by xracer »

Thanks again guys. While on the way to check-out/buy a Roughhouse 50cc, it was sold to someone else. Any thoughts on 2006 Venture 50cc? Reliability & speed?
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

xracer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:35 pm Thanks again guys. While on the way to check-out/buy a Roughhouse 50cc, it was sold to someone else. Any thoughts on 2006 Venture 50cc? Reliability & speed?
Don't buy a Venture. If it was any good Genuine would still be selling them. I have no experience with owning or riding but I sat on one and that was enough. The build quality is not good and who knows if you can find parts for it. A Buddy or Roughhouse will be a much better buy even if it cost 2 or 3 times as much.
xracer

Post by xracer »

Thanks guys. If I understand correctly, in the 50cc category, the Buddy & the Roughhouse are only good options in the Genuine 50cc category.
tenders

Post by tenders »

I would say they’re the only PROVEN options…and they’re well-proven. The other 50ccs in the lineup haven’t taken off yet both because they’re newer and the RH/Buddy are so good to discerning buyers. I don’t really understand why Genuine is crowding the lineup with so many similar options, except as a hedge for when the hammer finally comes down on the two-stroke engines. But if they really want to hedge they need to make those other options much more attractive so they get out on the street and established.
Daveyboy

Post by Daveyboy »

I have one, bought used w 300 miles. Pros for me were EFI and disc brakes front and rear. BTW I wanna change out headlight bulb to LED. Anyone know correct numbers?
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Way to hijack a thread!
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3