Genuine E-Bikes

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

scootERIK

Genuine E-Bikes

Post by scootERIK »

Turns out Genuine is selling e-bikes(or is going to start.) I found them listed on the Scooterworks website in their "shop by diagram" section. After a quick search I found them on the Genuine website, but it seems that Genuine doesn't have them listed on the website so you need the address to get to them. Both claim 20MPH Throttle, 25MPH Pedal Assist and a range of 45+ miles. I wasn't able to find a retail price yet.

The XS 750F looks like it would be a fun bike to cruise around on.

EDIT: Genuine has now take down the pages or hidden them so these links below are currently not working.

XS 750F-
https://www.genuinescooters.com/product ... ke-xs750f/

CU 500-
https://www.genuinescooters.com/product ... ike-cu500/

sc00ter

Re: Genuine E-Bikes

Post by sc00ter »

Being a ebike nerd myself, price will be the final factor. There are so many great entry level ebikes, Rad Power being one of the best, that its going to be hard to compete in a very crowded market. The top picture with the mags looks like a Juiced or Addmotor re-brand. Then again, I think a majority of all ebikes are made in the same factory.

That was a good find though ERIK. Genuine won't be the only scooter company doing ebikes branded. Bintelli the better Chinese scooter company and oh.... I forgot who it was. Sorry. But there is nothing wrong with more choices!
scootERIK

Re: Genuine E-Bikes

Post by scootERIK »

sc00ter wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:09 pm Being a ebike nerd myself, price will be the final factor. There are so many great entry level ebikes, Rad Power being one of the best, that its going to be hard to compete in a very crowded market.
Based on the prices of the parts I would guess the XS 750F will be in the $2000-2500 range, Scooterworks has the battery priced at $857, and the motor and wheel at $536. The CU 500 should be a little cheaper. But this is all speculation.

It seems like a tough market for brick and mortar shops to get into. Direct to consumer companies can sell you a bike for ~$1,000 that to get the same same bike from a shop will cost around $2,000 or more. Hopefully Genuine can bring a quality ebike to the market and keep the price down. It will be nice for Genuine scooter dealers to be able to easily add some ebikes to the showroom floor.

I would like to find out when these will be hitting dealers so I can try to test ride one.

EDIT: It looks like dealers are selling the XS 750F for $1,999 and the CU 500 for $1,699.