Buddy Kick 125 has arrived!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Scootergoddess

Buddy Kick 125 has arrived!!

Post by Scootergoddess »

My beautiful turquoise Buddy Kick 125 is here!! I have ridden her back and forth to work once so far. My initial impressions are:
Quiet and smooth ride
Plenty of speed and power
Much smaller feel than Buddy 50, less leg room and lower to ground, more compact
I love the Prima windscreen (much more than the Cuppini that’s on my Buddy 50)
Heavier than Buddy 50

First ride felt downright weird, being so used to the Buddy 50… but I can already tell I am going to love her!!!!!
Neil82

Re: Buddy Kick 125 has arrived!!

Post by Neil82 »

Congrats!!

Hopefully the weather is still decent enough to enjoy riding. I know what you mean about the ergonomics of the Kick feeling a little different from the Buddy. Not a bad thing, just different. It sure does handle nicely and it's a "smooth operator" (just looked up the music video and been briefly transported to 1984).

Now you'll have to see which scooter is faster off the line. I've always been impressed with how fast my Buddy 50 gets up and goes.
2022 Buddy 170i
Scootergoddess

Post by Scootergoddess »

Well, my brand new Buddy Kick 125 has been in the shop for almost two weeks!
Turn signal switch and battery being replaced, both under warranty, of course. After three rides I knew she needed work - it would take like 20 plus tries to start her and only the left turn signal worked.
I hope to have her back next week.
Riding my Buddy 50 in the meantime - she is awesome and reliable and i swear she is getting quicker as the miles add up. I am about 1200 miles in now. I can hardly wait to teach my teenaged son to ride her next summer! Then she will become his first bike, and I will ride Bella (the Kick).
Neil82

Post by Neil82 »

Any updates on your new Kick? Weather has been pretty dicey this month. At least you're not missing out too much on nice riding conditions. Hopefully your dealer has resolved the issues for you.
2022 Buddy 170i
Scootergoddess

Post by Scootergoddess »

Hey thanks for asking!!
Since new battery install i’ve had zero issues. She starts right up on first try, every time. I did garage her for 7 days due to extreme cold/snow/ice here in Lexington… but i rode her today again, thankfully and happily!!! Hows your new 170i?
Neil82

Post by Neil82 »

Good deal! Glad to hear you're back up and running. Nice to have option to store in garage, even if just temporarily. That winter wave sure was a doozie!

My 170 is running great. Haven't been able to ride much lately due to weather and being busy with family/holidays. Odometer is just over 100 miles now.
2022 Buddy 170i