I’m back…

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cadillaczac

I’m back…

Post by cadillaczac »

So I just got a new Urbano 200 (after being hit by a car on my International Buddy 150 and totaling it) and boy what a difference. Im pretty mechanically inclined as I was a car mechanic for ten years and did all the maintenance and mods on my Buddy. I just inspected my new scoot and can not find an oil filter or where to fill the gear oil. I googled this and some say the 170 does not take a filter. So if that’s true Im good to go. But the next question is where does the gear oil go? Thanks in adavance
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
Dooglas

Re: I’m back…

Post by Dooglas »

If a manual did not come with your scooter, one can be downloaded from the Genuine Scooter website. My understanding is that the Urbano and its sisters are built by a different company than Taiwan-based PGO, which builds the Buddy's. The manual for the Urbano 200 indicates the scooter uses a screen but not a cannister oil filter. It also has instructions for checking and changing gear oil on pg. 34.
Buddy Kick, Vespa GTS/ABS, Buddy 125 (my SO's ride)