Size of holes in 170i brake disc rotor?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

drinkingthestars

Size of holes in 170i brake disc rotor?

Post by drinkingthestars »

I'm wanting to purchase an Abus Granit Detecto 8000 Alarm Disc Lock--really the mother of all such lock systems--for my 170i. My concern is that the 15 mm bold on the lock will not fit the brake rotor? Does anyone have experience with this lock or know the size of the holes on the brake rotor? I have looked online and can't find this information.
sc00ter

Re: Size of holes in 170i brake disc rotor?

Post by sc00ter »

I had the same thought. The "standard" pin size for a disc lock seems to be 5.5mm. I've yet to measure the rotor holes on my Buddy 125. Right now I'm using a Abus U-lock thru the wheel spokes but would love something smaller, with an alarm would be a added bonus!

My local Cycle Gear and Honda motorcycle shop will let me try a lock to see if it fits but I've yet to find time to go. It's either been raining or I'm busy with other things.
Last edited by sc00ter on Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I did find a OnGard U-lock that fit thru the front steel wheel openings but I'm not sure if they make that particular lock anymore. I got it at Walmart. I might still have the U-lock in my garage? I can get a measurement if needed if I still have it.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

8mm holes on the new style disc. I say new style because I recall the older disc had holes instead of slots. I had a extra set of steel wheels but gave them away awhile ago.
Attachments
20230430_111414.jpg