Some New Accessories Today

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Smurfe

Some New Accessories Today

Post by Smurfe »

The windshield, rear rack, and top case came in today for the Buddy Kick. It didn't take too long to get it all installed. I am not a super fan of top cases, but I do need the storage for groceries and such. Overall, I think it looks OK.

2022 Genuine Buddy Kick 125
sc00ter

Re: Some New Accessories Today

Post by sc00ter »

You'll slowly start to actually like a top box. I cannot live without one anymore. Looks good on your Kick.
Smurfe

Post by Smurfe »

sc00ter wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:18 am You'll slowly start to actually like a top box. I cannot live without one anymore. Looks good on your Kick.
I definitely need the storage space, as I have half of the under-seat storage filled with tools, tire repair stuff, etc.
2022 Genuine Buddy Kick 125
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

My under seat bay is filled with my CoolAss seat cover, document holder, summer gloves and chilly gloves. I don't bother with tools anymore as it's not a China bike. And I'll probably jinx myself but I've only gotten 3 flats ever on scooters.

I used to carry a Cruz Toolz all metric set on long rides but I gave the set to a new rider.

I keep the trunk load light! I've done my fair share complaining about the Prima racks for a Buddy. I mainly use it to store my helmet when I run into a store and to carry my lunch to work. Heavy stuff goes on the floorboard!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Correction: I do have tools under my seat. Two 13mm stubby wrenches. A Buddy windshield mounts on the mirror points. Thread lock the bolts in and if they happen to snap you'll never get the remaining bolt out, forcing you to replace the back half of the control switch. So me, being smart, put a dab of anti-seize on the bolts and now I have to keep snugging the bolts down. I'll make it right this weekend as I'm tired of snugging them down once a week. Might try assembly grease instead.

I also carry a small "joggers mace" strapped to my right wrist when riding, just incase. So a hot pink mace container is under the seat as well.

Also stash a $5 bill on your scooter. Loose you wallet or card reader down when you need gas? Cash is king. Takes $3 (currently) to fill my scooter up.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

sc00ter wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:36 pm Correction: I do have tools under my seat. Two 13mm stubby wrenches. A Buddy windshield mounts on the mirror points. Thread lock the bolts in and if they happen to snap you'll never get the remaining bolt out, forcing you to replace the back half of the control switch.
Have you tried the light duty thread lock? https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/en/ ... _2220.html

Harbor Freight used to sell a version of it that I use on a lot of bolts. It just adds a little extra vibration resistance.

Even if you get the mirrors tight it is always a good idea to carry the wrench because they come loose at the worst times.