Helmet Extender

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sharon

Helmet Extender

Post by Sharon »

I saw earlier a helemt extender to be attached to the helmet hook inside the Buddy seat. Not sure how to explain this. My D ring on my helmet is too short to attach it onto the "nub" under the seat. Anyone remember where to get the extender?
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

check here:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Sear ... rchbtn.y=0

2nd and 3rd items down should be what you are looking for.
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Thank you! Yes, That is what I was looking for.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

What helmet hook inside the seat? :|
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

KRUSTYburger wrote:What helmet hook inside the seat? :|
lol... when you open the seat, there are two little posts at the front side. They are for you to hook the D-ring of your helmet over and then when you shut the seat, the helmet is locked there.

Only thing is that the helmet will be hanging upside down and vulnerable to rain, birds, and ice cream cones.

But for times when the pet carrier is full, it's a great convenience to have.
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

also good for hooking those extra grocery bags.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

My helmet doesn't have D-rings, so I use one of these cables through the chin bar and on the helmet lock. Works great and was quite inexpensive at the local bike shop!

Kryptonite cable
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

jmazza wrote:lol... when you open the seat, there are two little posts at the front side. They are for you to hook the D-ring of your helmet over and then when you shut the seat, the helmet is locked there.
Thought that question might get a laugh. :P Thanks for lookin' out for a fellow Floridian... I just put my whole helmet in my seat when I'm at work. Anything else is comin' inside with me. Good to know what those are for tho, I coulda used 'em when I went to the store earlier... Ah well, watcha gonna do? :roll:
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

KRUSTYburger wrote:
jmazza wrote:lol... when you open the seat, there are two little posts at the front side. They are for you to hook the D-ring of your helmet over and then when you shut the seat, the helmet is locked there.
Thought that question might get a laugh. :P Thanks for lookin' out for a fellow Floridian... I just put my whole helmet in my seat when I'm at work. Anything else is comin' inside with me. Good to know what those are for tho, I coulda used 'em when I went to the store earlier... Ah well, watcha gonna do? :roll:
No problem, those of us who have roasted in the sun too long down here gotta hang together. And I do the same thing- put my helmet under the seat 95% of the time. But when I'm running errands and I'm on the third stop and the pet carrier is full, those pegs come in handy. Either that or I pretend I'm in Daft Punk and wear the helmet in the store.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

jmazza wrote:Either that or I pretend I'm in Daft Punk and wear the helmet in the store.
Haha, yeah... I swung by the gas station on the way home and it was one of those annoying gas stations without a card reader, so you have to go inside to pre-pay (cuz it's the hood and folks act like stealing gas is the gangsta thing to do). Anyways, I ran in real quick & there was only one lady in front of me, so I left my helmet on... She ended up buying a ton of scratch-offs & couldn't wait til she got home to check if she won! :x

After about 5 minutes watching her scratch her money away and about 10 people walking in the store giving me weird looks, I finally got to pay my 4 dollars & go home!!! I should've known better than to get gas at "Beer City", CRIPES! :roll: