St. Tropez

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ms. Milan

St. Tropez

Post by Ms. Milan »

Has anyone purchased a St. Tropez yet? I haven't seen any pictures posted. (I may have missed them.) I saw one at the dealership here, but would love to see some pics posted.
PTB

Post by PTB »

vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

I managed to see all of them recently while visiting SFSC, and those editions look great! Very classy.

Can't say the same for the mint green Buddies...
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

I've had the same frustration! I've been anxious to see the St. Tropez in photo, beyond the Genuine site. I feel it's given me a truer sense of the look when I've seen the other Buddies this way.

2strokebuzz had some decent ones from the Dealer Expo
http://2strokebuzz.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=6882

I'm pretty sure I'll end up purchasing the St. Tropez and I promise to post photos on that glorious day.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I thought the St. Tropez was by far the sweetest-looking International Buddy, the colors are awesome, subtle but beautiful.

Then again, I bought a Blur, so what do I know?

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Christy

Post by Christy »

i didn't buy a st tropez, but i did think that the colors are much prettier IRL than in photo's... The funny thing is that I bought the pamplona and I thought it was less pretty IRL than in pictures. but i still loved it. :)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

illnoise wrote:I thought the St. Tropez was by far the sweetest-looking International Buddy, the colors are awesome, subtle but beautiful.

Then again, I bought a Blur, so what do I know?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap:
PTB

Post by PTB »

The new Pamplona has a great color combo, but it is also an example of a nit that I have about the international designs. The seat is a different color than the grips is a different color than the floor mat is a different color from the tan body panels. I just feel like there's too much going on. Even so, don't get me wrong--I love it.

This is one of the reasons I went brown/brown for my italia.
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

Christy wrote:i didn't buy a st tropez, but i did think that the colors are much prettier IRL than in photo's... The funny thing is that I bought the pamplona and I thought it was less pretty IRL than in pictures. but i still loved it. :)
That's a good point. That's why I've called my local dealership three times in the past week, just checking if they've received their 2008 Buddies yet. I think I'll like the St. Tropez even more, once I see it IRL.

Based on photos, I too think the Pamp looks sweet. But I'm in UW Badgerland where everyone has a red moped or scooter. I feel like getting a red one won't be very unique and might even pose a security risk! The red might be too tempting for some intoxicated frat boys (no offense to any decent frat boys out there) :o
PTB

Post by PTB »

Use a disc lock for the front wheel, or a U-lock through the back wheel, and don't park on State Street.

I've got plenty of friends who had their scoots messed with--or alternatively, messed with a scoot, when their judgment was, shall we say, altered by the State Street goings-on.
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

PTB wrote:Use a disc lock for the front wheel, or a U-lock through the back wheel, and don't park on State Street.
So you know! I've stepped up my scooter security research since the front wheel of my boyfriend's bicycle was stolen when we were gone last weekend.

I don't have a garage, but feel I'm a comfortable distance from the 80 proof shennanigans.
Rhodyterri

St. Tropez

Post by Rhodyterri »

Hi Everyone -

I bought my first buddy, and had to have the St. Tropez. I LOVE IT!!!Once you see it in person the color scheme really works. I thought I was going to get the pamploma, because I love red, but the St.Tropez had to be mine. I haven't taken any pictures of it yet as it hasn't been parked long enough to get a clear picture! I will try to post some soon. :)
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

Congratulations Rhodyterri! Yes, please! Pictures would be fabulous! Enjoy yourself, have a great time out there, and be safe!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If you dont have a garage make sure you get a scooter cover from genuine, it may be expensive, but it will make thieves and curious bad neighbors stay away. Helps too if you park in a shady neighborhood.
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

jfrost2 wrote:If you dont have a garage make sure you get a scooter cover from genuine, it may be expensive, but it will make thieves and curious bad neighbors stay away. Helps too if you park in a shady neighborhood.
Thanks! You give really great advice and I appreciate it. I'm definitely getting a cover for my future St. Tropez or whichever 2008 beckons me.
maribell

Post by maribell »

or look up "scooterworks" on e-bay. They have a store and I got my Prima cover for $20 with shipping. . 8)