BMV fun times...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

BMV fun times...

Post by jfrost2 »

I got my license today! Yay! And it only took 2 hours of arguing, waiting in line, and making other BMV goers angry.

I go in to get my license and present everything I have, they claim I need to ride for 6 months before getting my license, I show them the state website, manual, and MSF papers, all say I dont have to ride for 6 months.

Lady calls her boss, boss says sorry. I go home, come back later, talk to the same woman again. She says she'll try calling someone else, because she agrees I shouldnt need to ride 6 months before getting my full license. So finally she calls some more higher ups and they give her the ok. They take control of her PC and allow her to give me my license.

I was angry and waited a long time patiently, and finally it paid off! I got my picture taken, waited 2 minutes, then road home with my license.

No where in any book or manual I own does it say I need to have my temps for 6+ months before purchasing my full license. Everyone agreed with me, but this woman's PC wouldnt let her continue the process, she claimed it said "participant did not ride for 6 months, requires 4 months 1 day" But I guess the higher ups skipped all the mumbo jumbo and just let me continue.

Now I can ride at night! :D
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Congrat's!

Sometimes the "system" is too smart for it's own good...
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Oh dear, been there. I've been riding on a transit (paper) license plate for a week because my scooter doesn't exist in the system. It's pretty much the only one in Quebec and super-new on the market. When I stopped by last Thursday, there was an epic kerfuffle as to "where the heck is this thing in the computer?!" Only today did I get the message that, yes, according to Quebec's bureaucracy my scoot does indeed have a physical existence in this reality.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I had to go back many times and bother the same woman until finally she talked to one higher up who just let me get my license. I guess it goes to show, some people who work for the government are smart, while the majority are cruel and not very friendly or intelligent people.
PTB

Post by PTB »

jfrost2 wrote:. . . the majority are cruel and not very friendly or intelligent people.
Ummmmmmm . . . :shock:
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

People who work in the state here are stupid, my father comes home everyday to tell me stories of how he cant believe these people have the jobs they do, or how they can keep it without knowing what they are supposed to do daily.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

I would not go that far. What I DO noitice with gov employees such as those on the DMV is that they work in rails and do not deviate from the book AT ALL. Being government, they probably have a higher up telling them to follow the manual to the letter and they are not allowed to make any decisions/changes without getting three supervisors involved, filling 237 forms and waiting for the planets to align on the constellation of Sagitarius on a full moon in December of a Leap year . . . or something like that.

In any case, I always try to see the best in people and understand what their situation might be.

When I went on Monday to get my M endorsement with my MSF PASS card, the gal did her thing on the counter, I paid and left with the paperwork she gave me. As I am finishing up getting my helmet on and getting ready to roll out, she comes running out to the parking lot waving her arms. Turns out she had stapled a piece of paper to my temp license that she should have kept and wanted to catch me rather that letting the system send me a mailed notice to come back. She was very apologetic. I told her not to worry about it and to enjoy the good weather now that she was outside the building. She left all smiles and came back all smiles with the correct paperwork and a little flirty. :shock: I guess that twenty somethings think a middle age guy with helmet hair is flirt worthy? Must be my hot red Corazzo jacket :D :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
maribell

Post by maribell »

I think working at the DMV would be the most grueling job. People go in there, they fill out forms, wait for hours, don't bring the right paperwork, ect... and then are mean to the DMV staff. I would know... I was in there yesterday.

I went with all my paperwork and drug my roommate along to take my paper and driving test and finally become a legal member of the scooter community. I took my paper test (passed), only to find out that I need to come it in 7:30 am :shock: to schedule a driving appointment for later that day. No where on any website does it talk about the scheduling... :?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

EP_scoot wrote:I would not go that far. What I DO noitice with gov employees such as those on the DMV is that they work in rails and do not deviate from the book AT ALL. Being government, they probably have a higher up telling them to follow the manual to the letter and they are not allowed to make any decisions/changes without getting three supervisors involved, filling 237 forms and waiting for the planets to align on the constellation of Sagitarius on a full moon in December of a Leap year . . . or something like that.

In any case, I always try to see the best in people and understand what their situation might be.

When I went on Monday to get my M endorsement with my MSF PASS card, the gal did her thing on the counter, I paid and left with the paperwork she gave me. As I am finishing up getting my helmet on and getting ready to roll out, she comes running out to the parking lot waving her arms. Turns out she had stapled a piece of paper to my temp license that she should have kept and wanted to catch me rather that letting the system send me a mailed notice to come back. She was very apologetic. I told her not to worry about it and to enjoy the good weather now that she was outside the building. She left all smiles and came back all smiles with the correct paperwork and a little flirty. :shock: I guess that twenty somethings think a middle age guy with helmet hair is flirt worthy? Must be my hot red Corazzo jacket :D :D
Remember to remind me to get a red riding jacket.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Jfrost2,
you can get the jacket, but at 18 you are probably still missing the Daddy Beer Gut, the thining hairline and the red lines on your eyes (cross that, you probably have those after every weekedn :D ).

You gotta have the whole pacakge, baby ! 8)

D.
corazzo chad

DMV

Post by corazzo chad »

well evidently working in the DMV in Oregon isn't so bad. A fellow rider and all around supper girl, Sadie. worked at the DMV for over 4 years and then signed up for the Army Reserves and now is in the Mid. East. Some times people need a more challenging job with even stricter rules. And let me tell you the customers in Iraq most likely aren't as patient.

I'm glad you got your license, ride safe

Chad
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I've had nothing but good experiences with the BMV in Cincinnati.

Seriously.

Try going through this stuff in NJ sometime.

I've even filled out comment forms and told supervisors there how pleased I was and how much better it was than in NJ.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
PTB

Post by PTB »

In MN, I had a very helpful person at the Arden Hills service desk. There was a mix-up on my insurance forms, which were delayed because the insurance company didn't have the make/model in their system (nor did the DMV), and the confirmation only had the VIN and start date for my policy. The rules required that the make/model/vin and effective start and end dates all be on the paperwork.

The DMV and my agent talked on the phone, faxed everything back and forth, and got it all figured out so that I could take the road test and get my endorsement. I was pleased.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Minnesota Nice at its best ?

D.