Lurker, now a Joiner

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Dillinger-63

Lurker, now a Joiner

Post by Dillinger-63 »

Hi to all. I have been lurking for a few days as I still cannot make up my mind as to which gas scooter to buy. I currently have a EVT-168 Electric scooter (see attached pic). I'm between a Vespa LX150 (I'm also on the Modern Vespa site) or a Buddy 125. I'm leaning towards the Buddy though because of the price difference. One question I have is, where is the closest Buddy dealer to Springfield Illinois? Oh yeah, and here is my eScoot.
Attachments
Snapshot EVT2.jpg
Snapshot EVT2.jpg (94.06 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
smorris

Post by smorris »

Welcome to Modern Buddy, Dillinger!

I think over here, you might find the leanings are toward the Buddy. ;) Either way, you will like what you get. Both seem to fill the niche they were intended for.

Enjoy your decision making!
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Lurker, now a Joiner

Post by ericalm »

Dillinger-63 wrote:Hi to all. I have been lurking for a few days as I still cannot make up my mind as to which gas scooter to buy. I currently have a EVT-168 Electric scooter (see attached pic). I'm between a Vespa LX150 (I'm also on the Modern Vespa site) or a Buddy 125. I'm leaning towards the Buddy though because of the price difference. One question I have is, where is the closest Buddy dealer to Springfield Illinois? Oh yeah, and here is my eScoot.
We have both an LX150 and a Buddy 125. Though comparable in some ways, the two are very different in terms of how the ride, comfort, handling, etc. They're both great scoots, each with its own merits. Try to see if local dealers (see below) will allow you to test ride them. Keep in mind that in addition to higher MSRP, it's more expensive to service and repair a Vespa.

The list of Genuine dealers can be found here. They're based in Chicago, so have several IL locations.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Joining is so much more rewarding than lurking. :D

Welcome!
Huh? What just happened?
jconner

Buddy Dealer in Edwardsville

Post by jconner »

Vespa Edwardsville, Moto Italia sells Buddy's and has a great selection. They will allow test rides too.
About 45 minutes from Springfield.
Jconner