Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

At Santo's on Lorain at about 5:15, an orange buddy, an Italia and one other red and white one I didn't catch the make of. They looked rather tough being all parked together in the corner of the parking lot.

Biker night at Santo's...lol
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

I keep running into this scooter when playing Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer.

Looks kinda like an old 60's/70's Vespa?
:P

Image Image
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Kinda flat! It looks like a buncha things… without a headlight!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

DirtyRAT wrote:I keep running into this scooter when playing Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer.

That's sweet! share that on this thread...

viewtopic.php?t=17468&highlight=scooter+video+games
NYCFRog

Post by NYCFRog »

Today....at 2:20pm - A Red/Cream Italia on Melrose and Larchmont. Male, White Helmet
shuyaku

Post by shuyaku »

Red stella turning left (south) onto Laurel Canyon from Riverside about 9am this morning
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

shuyaku wrote:Red stella turning left (south) onto Laurel Canyon from Riverside about 9am this morning
That was me! I spotted you as well—blue Corazzo 5.0, right?

It was only a matter of time. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
opposable_thumbs

Post by opposable_thumbs »

Italia at at the intersection of Colorado and 136th in Thornton by King Soopers today about 12:30 PM (Sat 6/4/11). Yellow shirt and headed south on Colorado.
shuyaku

Post by shuyaku »

ericalm wrote:
shuyaku wrote:Red stella turning left (south) onto Laurel Canyon from Riverside about 9am this morning
That was me! I spotted you as well—blue Corazzo 5.0, right?

It was only a matter of time. :)
Awesome! That was me - that is my normal route to work :)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

One of many in my neighborhood:

Belong to anyone on this forum?
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
DirtyRAT

Post by DirtyRAT »

peabody99 wrote:
DirtyRAT wrote:Coronado Bridge Plan:

* full riding gear, including knee, hip, leg, ankle, and ass coverage

* full MSF license

* full tank of gas

* some flares in the glove box, with roadside assistance on my Smart-but-so-dumb-phone's speed dial

* a friend in a car four car lengths behind me

* eyes all glued to the weatherunderground.com wind report the morning of my ride

PLAN B:

Get a trailer, tow the darned Stella to Coronado, and get used to it. :P
you forgot your parachute.
Its really not that bad :)
Ok, I finally got the 'cajones' to brave the Coronado bridge today. I didnt see a single Buddy either. :roll:

I snaked my way through city streets from Pacific Beach to Imperial Beach, then rode up the Strand into Coronado. I had a decent lunch at a place called 'Tent City', then decided to brave the bridge.

My Stella easily kept up to the 50mph speed limit. The really unnerving part of the ride was the itty bitty 3 foot wall between the bridge edge and a 200+ foot drop into the san diego bay, not to mention the high winds.

I just kept looking at the road in front of me, and was relieved to exit at National avenue for a leisurely ride home.

*whew*
Image Image
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Saw an Italia 150 on 128th avenue cruising past Eastlake at 8:05 pm while on a walk with the wife and dog.

It's a great road; kinda twisty, tree-lined and goes by a small lake.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
ScootShannon

Post by ScootShannon »

Just saw a Buddy Italia parked in the parking garage at Phoenix Sky Harbor.
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

Seafoam Green Buddy. Heading west on Grissom. I honked at you.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

Saw an Italia parked right outside the door of HEB at the Hancock Center
remhed

Post by remhed »

Orange Buddy in Broad Ripple (Indianapolis) on Saturday parked at 64th and Cornell.
Steve Johnson
Carmel, In
BRUTEWING

Post by BRUTEWING »

I saw a buddy turning left on to velp just north of green bay wi, I was on my mourning commute on my 07 italia series. THIS IS MY FIRST BUDDY SIGHTING SINCE BUYING MINE :oops:
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

I've seen quite a few this spring. Green Buddy in Pierce Park in Appleton. An elderly couple, each on a Buddy at Kimberly Point in Neenah. Several others on the road. Nice to see.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Italia 50 @ Northside Social coffee shop. As it always seems to go when I spot other Buddy's... I was working, not riding, and unable to stop and say hi. Seems whenever I'm riding, all I see is junk scooters :(
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I stepped outside for some fresh air at Children's Hospital today and saw this brand new red 125 parked at the employee entrance

Then, I stepped over one building and looked at the scooter parking area for the med students and saw these two:

.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
BRUTEWING

Post by BRUTEWING »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:Italia 50 @ Northside Social coffee shop. As it always seems to go when I spot other Buddy's... I was working, not riding, and unable to stop and say hi. Seems whenever I'm riding, all I see is junk scooters :(
is this the park right by 441 with all the miron const. sighns on it if so that was me like a month ago? that was my test ride
BootScootin'FireFighter

BRUTEWING wrote:
BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:Italia 50 @ Northside Social coffee shop. As it always seems to go when I spot other Buddy's... I was working, not riding, and unable to stop and say hi. Seems whenever I'm riding, all I see is junk scooters :(
is this the park right by 441 with all the miron const. sighns on it if so that was me like a month ago? that was my test ride
no, this is Arlington, Virginia, yesterday.
BRUTEWING

Post by BRUTEWING »

I've seen quite a few this spring. Green Buddy in Pierce Park in Appleton. An elderly couple, each on a Buddy at Kimberly Point in Neenah. Several others on the road. Nice to see
This is the quote I wanted SORRY it this the park under 441 in Neenah with all the miron construction stuff in it. If so that was my test drive. On the green italia.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Yesterday, red Buddy on Riverside and Park, rider waved to me in front of Priscilla's Coffee. Toluca Lake, CA
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

Buddy Italia driving past Newport in PB. A female rider with a half dome and a blonde hair.

Buddy blackjack parked in motorscooter parking in Balboa Parl with a homeland security sticker afixed to it.
Plisar

Post by Plisar »

For good measure, a Pamplona entering balboa park on laurel as I was leaving. All I need to see today is a St Tropez, and I'll have collected all four Buddy 150's in one day!
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Ugh. Ow.

This afternoon I was headed west on Manchester, a reasonably-busy four-lane street, in my minivan and a guy on a black Buddy 50 in a fighter-pilot helmet, jeans, and sneakers is about 200 ft behind me. I round the right turn onto Hanley, another four-lane, and watch in my rearview for the Buddy. He comes around and down he goes. I stop as soon as I could get into a driveway, and some guys closer to the intersection jumped out to block. By the time i got back to him he had got up and pushed his Bud to the sidewalk. I asked if he were OK, and he said "yeah... But I don't think I want to get back on!". But five seconds later, he hits the starter and takes off. He buzzed out of sight before I could get back to my van.

Hope he was OK..... :?
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

BRUTEWING wrote:I've seen quite a few this spring. Green Buddy in Pierce Park in Appleton. An elderly couple, each on a Buddy at Kimberly Point in Neenah. Several others on the road. Nice to see
This is the quote I wanted SORRY it this the park under 441 in Neenah with all the miron construction stuff in it. If so that was my test drive. On the green italia.
No, Pierce Park is in Appleton, and 441 doesn't go through Neenah. Were you test riding a bike from Metro? If so you were in Town Of Menasha. I would guess you were near Schildt Park.
Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

Saw a black Buddy going South on West 214th Street about a 1/2 hour ago. I'm guessing it was a 125?
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Not a Buddy but an MP3 250 a few days back on Linn Ave and Warner Parrot a few blocks from my house. I only bring this up because I'm 99.9% certain it was Dooglas. Hey Dooglas do you read this thread, and did you see me? I was riding my blue Honda CB-1 at the time...
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

Red Buddy this afternoon (2-ish?) on the road that passes Cal State Channel Islands uni. I think it's Reino Road? Anyway, the one that goes from Las Posas in Camarillo into Thousand Oaks.
I wuz on my Ducati, we waved at each other...
BRUTEWING

Post by BRUTEWING »

Ressikan wrote:Saw a black Buddy going South on West 214th Street about a 1/2 hour ago. I'm guessing it was a 125?
Yes metro I was going there to buy new but he had a 2007 italia 125 buddy with 350 miles with a windshield rear storage and super clean for 1500.00 got it for 1400.00 so I think I did well?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

In the very final frames, right after the closing credits of the Pawn Stars episode "Necessary Roughness", shortly after Pop's squirts Cory with a spray bottle, a scooter rides through the shot. It was a quick glance but I think it was a black Buddy 125.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
superseagulls

Seafoam?

Post by superseagulls »

I saw a greenish colored (seafoam?) on NW Evergreen Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR - right by Intel..... Nice day for a ride today!
People say that I'm crazy
But I'm not that way inclined
I know what I know and I'll happily show
That madness is all in the mind
scootin_nate

Post by scootin_nate »

saw a few hundred passing my house and going down i-10 this past weekend :lol:

other than that I am all alone. :cry:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

scootin_nate wrote:saw a few hundred passing my house and going down i-10 this past weekend :lol:

other than that I am all alone. :cry:
Where's your house? I may have been one of them!
scootin_nate

Post by scootin_nate »

I live on the north shore. If you cross the causeway you go into a town called Mandeville. I live around there. i-10 is the other direction though.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Last night saw a sea foam green buddy on a hitch rack on a SUV in my neighborhood in Franklin TN. Don't know where they were headed, they'd left by the time I left for work this morning.
MB #2349
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

A couple of new (to me) Buddys I've seen recently:
- Italia 150 with brown seat and grips (nice!), Shad topcase, parked on Hall street, near Broadway. Seen numerous times over the past month or two.
- Yesterday morning (6/21), approx 7:15 AM, white Buddy, female rider, turning off of Soutbound Barbur Blvd onto Hamilton (I believe). The first time I've seen this one.
desmolicious

Post by desmolicious »

9.30 am Pico and Centinela in LA.
Black Buddy, dood wearing a black FF helmet.

p.s. you need to put air in your back tyre...
zilla86

Post by zilla86 »

Today about a hour ago
beautiful Pamplona on National/Venice Palms area

I was in the cage and spotted the Buddy.I chatted briefly with the owner and told her of my plan to post the sighting on MB

I told her I had a Blackjack and and she looked like she was going to say yeah right sure you do :roll:
cdwise

Post by cdwise »

Breckenridge, CO
Attachments
buddy-co.jpg
buddy-co.jpg (15.42 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

This evening, around 6:30, Riverside Blvd. in North Hollywood, near Laurel Cyn., Pamplona, rider with black 3/4 helmet, white t-shirt.
Alb brajn

Post by Alb brajn »

Saw an orange buddy with a topcase on 38th by Guadalupe. Anyone ride around north Austin?
LetySalinas

Post by LetySalinas »

I was in downtown Austin Mon-Wed and saw Buddies EVERYWHERE! I was so jealous because I rarely see any scooters at all in my area....Oh I wish I would have taken my Scooty with me :(
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

LetySalinas wrote:I was in downtown Austin Mon-Wed and saw Buddies EVERYWHERE! I was so jealous because I rarely see any scooters at all in my area....Oh I wish I would have taken my Scooty with me :(
Ride down! :)
C2

Post by C2 »

scootin_nate wrote:I live on the north shore. If you cross the causeway you go into a town called Mandeville. I live around there. i-10 is the other direction though.
Farm out! I have family in Hammond, LA.

C2
scootin_nate

Post by scootin_nate »

Nice the wife works in hammond, let me know if you ever bring the scoot down.
Alb brajn

Post by Alb brajn »

Saw a sea foam green one wiz by my office today on Guadalupe. Then on the way home I saw another. We nodded to each other but he wasn't wearing a helmet or a shirt. I understand the whole personal choice thing but really? not even a shirt?
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

In Chicago for the nite, saw Buddy's everywhere...An orange, a creme, a black, a red all within an hour-saw a nice orande stella and a red one in the same block. What is Genuine located in this city or something? :P
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."