Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Southerner wrote:
pneu125 wrote:Blackjack headed east on Venice Blvd at light on Beethoven. Couldn't even get him to give me a head nod. :cry:
Don't take offense. Might have been a new owner who was afraid to let go of the handlebar. :lol:

Or maybe they were just nervous about the traffic.
Agreed. I've only been driving for a month, and I still have so much of my focus on the road that I miss people waving at me without time to wave back most of the time. Other times, I wave and don't get a response.

And by wave, I mean a two-finger sign that I have been taught is a 'motorcycle wave' that has creeped into the scooter world. A lot of the rough-looking guys on huge Harleys will give us the two-finger wave, it makes me smile a little :) Not sure where else the two-finger exists... thought to mention out of curiosity.

Also... saw an Italia in the West End of my city (the end where scooters usually aren't) on Gaskins Road between Ridgefield and Quioccasin, heading south. Female rider.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Blackjack westbound on E Minnehaha Parkway in Minneapolis between 1:30 and 2PM. Might have been a black 125 close behind.

Then ANOTHER Blackjack (i think it was a different rider, anyway) on Lake Harriet Parkway maybe 3-ish?
TVB

Post by TVB »

Saw two young women on black and pink Buddies (two scoots) zipping around Reeds Lake this afternoon; I was walking it.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Black Buddy 50 parked at Lake Harriet Parkway in Minneapolis approximately 3PM.

(Can you tell where I've been doing a lot of my practice riding? Minneapolis parkways ROCK.)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Blackjack at the Kroger we always shop at- must work there, we always see the scoot but not the driver.
heyitsomid

Post by heyitsomid »

Italia on Wilshire and 20th st in Santa Monica, CA
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Seafoam Buddy turning onto northbound Richfield Rd from William Berry Pkwy about 4:30. No helmet.

(jus' sayin)
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

San Diego, Italia parked on 9th Av just north of Cedar (Cortez neighborhood). Second Buddy sighting right on my street this week!
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

I was waiting to turn left on Terwilliger blvd this morning, when another Italia, heading towards Barbur Blvd, pulled up next to me, pointing at our two scooters and grinning. I gave you a thumbs up and a nod, but I was grinning too, inside of my helmet. :D

Other recent sitings: Two Buddys in PSU Parking structure 1 - an orange one with matching topcase and an Italia with tan seat, chrome rack, and black topcase. I've seen both of these scoots several times in an around this parking garage.
rajron

Post by rajron »

Today around 18:00 pulling out of Marriott’s 229th and Cornel in Hillsboro Or; Black and Silver Buddy 125, larger headlight (didn’t know they had that color on later models) – Black helmeted mustached gentleman, and I mean that literally because he let me into my turning lane as the traffic was backed up and blocking me to the street – Thanx – I was the guy in the Silver SUV.
And while I’m at it I saw another Blk and Silver Buddy, not sure of the cc’s; parked near the MAX Station in Beaverton Or, Saturday morning and noticed it when I was on the way back on the train in the afternoon.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

saw a sunset orange buddy parked in a slum as i was going to donate some clothes at the la mission. also in the lot was a vespa or two. big steel gates to protect them

and i had the automatic thought of "why do people choose to live here?" the rent isn't cheap, i would think. hopefully less then a loft in the arts district or something? because that looks like beverly hills compared to this place

just to be clear, this is not a ghetto. its the worst possible environment in the entire city. i noticed the buddy because another scooter rolled in....in front of me. looked in, saw the orange buddy

across the street drugs, homeless, mentally ill are camped out. the entire area smells like urine and excrement. yes, literally. because the gutters and sidewalks are toilets. its not safe there. argue it is and i will ask "why the steel gate, then?" and its more like armored fence lol

dropped my clothes off and got the heck out of town. tried to imagine riding home on my scoot to high atop a filthy slum everyday and night, and just couldn't figure it? and its not gentrification, because the practically adjacent la mission isn't going anywhere. nor are the welfare hotels right around the corner and the assorted clientele :/

i tell you that buddy is in peril :(
Riding is riding
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

JHScoot wrote:saw a sunset orange buddy parked in a slum as i was going to donate some clothes at the la mission. also in the lot was a vespa or two. big steel gates to protect them

and i had the automatic thought of "why do people choose to live here?" the rent isn't cheap, i would think. hopefully less then a loft in the arts district or something? because that looks like beverly hills compared to this place

just to be clear, this is not a ghetto. its the worst possible environment in the entire city. i noticed the buddy because another scooter rolled in....in front of me. looked in, saw the orange buddy

across the street drugs, homeless, mentally ill are camped out. the entire area smells like urine and excrement. yes, literally. because the gutters and sidewalks are toilets. its not safe there. argue it is and i will ask "why the steel gate, then?" and its more like armored fence lol

dropped my clothes off and got the heck out of town. tried to imagine riding home on my scoot to high atop a filthy slum everyday and night, and just couldn't figure it? and its not gentrification, because the practically adjacent la mission isn't going anywhere. nor are the welfare hotels right around the corner and the assorted clientele :/

i tell you that buddy is in peril :(
wow..just another reason why i'm glad to live in a small town.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a seafoam/zombieblood parked at the corner of Nacogdoches and New Braunfels this afternoon.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

yesterday around 445 pm, a blue Buddy ride along downtown on Broadway. It was refreshing to see a female riding wearing FF helmet, jacket and boots-not the norm.
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

Yesterday and today I spotted a red buddy on Pico. Pilot (hehe) was wearing an American flag helmet (which I REAAAAAALLY want for when I do my super Americana outfits). Didn't get a wave back last night, probably bc he couldn't see me, but got a wave back today.

There are also two Buddies on my block, one blue and one other orange.
<b><i>Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads</b></i>
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Last night, around 6:30pm, I saw a light blue Buddy with seat cover, rider with reflective vest gave me the 2-finger wave. Somewhere between Hollywood and Sherman Oaks, ha. I can't remember!
mia_mali wrote:There are also two Buddies on my block, one blue and one other orange.
That's a good block!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

I usually give an all out parade wave :oops:
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

ericalm wrote: That's a good block!
I agree! Before I got my scoot shipped over, seeing those Buddies would make me both excited and pine over my beloved buddy at the same time.
chinaski

Post by chinaski »

Pink buddy parked outside Methodist Hospital downtown Indy around 5:30.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Pamplona parked at the bike rack at the Libbie Place Target store, on Broad Street. I parked beside it :)
Alb brajn

Post by Alb brajn »

I have driven past a house on Duvall with a white buddy many times. Then the other day I drove past and there was also a cage just like mine. How many people in one town drive a grey Honda Fit and ride a buddy.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

My wife got tired of me because there used to be one of those Hondas that was always parked at the local bookstore.

I used to laugh because it was purple. She didn't get the joke.
chinaski

Post by chinaski »

Saw a black Ruckus riding in the rain this morning at the corner of Vermont and Delaware.
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Saw a Black Buddy parked in the west-side parking lot in front of Baylor College of Medicine on the way to work this morning.
Scooting is good for the soul....

Colinchristian

Post by Colinchristian »

Silver 170i headed north on Vance Jackson 10/25.
My wife got startled when i yelled out, "It's Buddy!!!"
Image Twitter: @ccbloodworth
Blog http://ccbloodworth.blogspot.com/
rikkn

Post by rikkn »

Saw an 09 black Buddy with a Prima pipe, in Greenville, SC, funny looking dude with a big mustache sitting on it making vroom vroom noises. DOH-----that was me !!!!
mia_mali

Post by mia_mali »

a few days ago I saw a black buddy on Pico Blvd and Centinelo (sp)
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Blur 150 at Lowry and Emerson in Minneapolis about 3:35PM

I'd never seen one in the flesh; they're so much smaller than the 220's!
AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

The bf has seen two different Buddys at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady, Monday and today.

Makes me even more excited to get a "Saratoga" Scooter and Motorcycle club going next spring! Sweet!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

I finally have a sighting to report.

Yesterday in Auburn at the Gym (formerly Golds) on East University drive. Mint green (is that what you guys call seafoam?) in the parking lot.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Saw what looked to be a brand new, slate blue Stella strapped into the back of a pick-up truck that was driving through a neighborhood in
Greensburg. Appears somebody just bought themselves a whole bunch of fun!
hackett

Post by hackett »

Pink Buddy parked with a 2-tone LX150 at Tito's in Southtown this afternoon.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Haven't seen it yet, but a co-worker whose 'china bike' got smushed in a local parking lot just bought a 'Pampolna' 150
(Guess parking next to me 'won' him over)
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Black Buddy 85th & Antioch last Tuesday Nov. 1st.
I waved, she waved :)
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Spotted another Italia parked in front of an AutoZone around the corner from my house off Lawrenceville Highway. Thought I saw it in traffic about three weeks ago but wasn't sure. Think whoever has it must work there, because my wife said she saw it the week before and thought I had run over there.

Think it'd be too weird to drive in on mine, walk in and ask out loud who else has the Buddy..
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a 170 heading eastbound on Rittiman in Alamo Heights this evening. First time seeing a 170 in the wild, I think.
Tam Tam

Captain America!!!!

Post by Tam Tam »

while I had a hotdog with a friend at Kings Court hot dogs, a Blue Buddy cruised by. My blackjack was parked a ways down, but i had my helmet right by me. i waved, and he waved back. The coolest thing is he was sportin the Capt. America helmet!!!!
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

There's a blue Buddy I've seen chained on the eastward sidewalk on Monument Ave, just before the light at Meadow several times now.
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Saw a Black Buddy with matching top case on the way to work this morning about 7:45. Heading south on Main St near Sunset by Rice Universtiy.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I went out to get a hammer from my toolbox and there was an orange Buddy in the garage.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Spotted a Pamplona 150 leaving an AT&T central office off Brockett Road in Tucker around 5:50 PM last Thursday. Was in my Mini so I couldn't sound off. Spent 10 years working for the Evil Empire as well and it'd be neat to track this guy down.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

AWinn6889

Post by AWinn6889 »

Finally got to see the red Buddy 125 at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady today. According to my bf "it's ALWAYS here!" Probably belongs to one of the docs or a nurse. I guess there's a silver Kymco that's usually there too, but it wasn't today. I was also surprised by the amount of motorcycles that were still parked there!
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
churroe

Post by churroe »

a girl riding a pink buddy with a guy holding on behind her on ingraham in whale's vagina.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

Well not real sure if this counts... saw a scooter during tonight's episode of Cops (Des Moines, IA - 7:35pm central time)... perp was being wrestled to the ground and when what looked like a pink Buddy zipped by.
bethaknee

White Buddy on Duval

Post by bethaknee »

That Buddy is always there, parked ever so jauntily on the lawn. I've never seen anyone ride it yet, but I have a feeling I'm going to be pretty excited when I finally see them.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

churroe wrote:a girl riding a pink buddy with a guy holding on behind her on ingraham in whale's vagina.
I haven't seen the one in whale's vagina but I'm pretty sure I saw one at Sasquatch Scrotum.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
teabow1

Post by teabow1 »

I was down at the local community college today. Wow, I'm surprised at actually how popular scooters seem to be in the east end of town! The neighbourhood surrounding the college had a few scooters and I think I recognised some Buddy. This is in Durham.
amy

Post by amy »

I spied THREE Buddy's at the Two Wheel Adventures Motorcycle Academy Scooter Safety (MSF certification w00t) course in Atlanta on Saturday!

Ok, well one is mine, so I really only spotted two others.
Attachments
IMG_4184 copy.jpg
IMG_4184 copy.jpg (193.45 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
amy

Post by amy »

churroe wrote:a girl riding a pink buddy with a guy holding on behind her on ingraham in whale's vagina.
o.m.g. wow @ auto-correct
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

amy wrote:
o.m.g. wow @ auto-correct
Oh, no, not auto-correct…
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TNCNdoM06xQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…