Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

2373naples

Point Pleasant, New Jersey

Post by 2373naples »

Anyone in the Point Pleasant, NJ area with a Buddy? I just got mine on Friday. Just learning to ride though.
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

I own a buddy and I've been to PPB, but not on a scooter!
Dang I love that town- grew up in bucks co PA and risdens was where we went.
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

I chanced upon Bunny this morning again WHEE HI BUNNY!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
maribell

Post by maribell »

r0sa wrote:houston cagers are crazy!

anyways, my bf snapped photos of a buddy and a stella with the rider in AUSTIN, TEXAS and has had them on his phone for quite some time so i thought i'd post them up now

here you go:
That blue one (which has a Scooby Doo sticker on it) parks next to me at school sometimes.
bunny

Post by bunny »

newslinky wrote:I chanced upon Bunny this morning again WHEE HI BUNNY!
HI NEWSLINKY! *geek waving like mad*

I thought that was you! How the heck are ya?

And was it just me, I STG your scooter was cream colored this morning!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I saw a lady on a pink buddy this morning around 8am headed east on Glenn. I honked, we waved, it was cute ^_^
Lift heavy eat clean!
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

bunny wrote:
newslinky wrote:I chanced upon Bunny this morning again WHEE HI BUNNY!
HI NEWSLINKY! *geek waving like mad*

I thought that was you! How the heck are ya?

And was it just me, I STG your scooter was cream colored this morning!
Cream colored? Must have been the sun. Spirit is still the same pretty St Tropez blue she was when I bought her. She has a windshield now and several reflective decals too. It was nice to cross paths with you again. I always look for you when I am riding home.

Oh and before I forget I spotted a Blur on Woodpark Drive in Arlington today ... well yesterday now! Go and VOTE if you haven't people its going to be the biggest turnout of voters ever!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
slinky

Post by slinky »

I was going to my grand parents to show them my new scooter, and I saw a blue buddy at the intersection of 31st and yale, and while my grandparents were looking at my scooter a green buddy drove by their house on new haven and it had what looked like a green milk crate on the back.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

A seafoam Buddy flew by as I was getting gas this morning at the Shell on the corner of St Mary's and Frontage Rd.

Yesterday when I went to class, the front mc parking was full, so I went around to the other side. The St Tropez I usually see was there and it had an Italia friend! I parked next to them and took this pic :3

Lift heavy eat clean!
broke

Post by broke »

That is cool Becktastic! 3 buddys in the wild!

Say, if you get a chance, would you mind telling me the inside dimension of your Prima milk crate? (at the bottom where it is smallest)

I'm thinking that my plastic milk crate looks pretty tacky but I like how much I can store in it...
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

The crate is just over 12"x12" on the top and just over 11"x11" on the bottom. Sean zip tied a bungee net on one side and I stretch that over to secure things. I love it!
Lift heavy eat clean!
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Going home from work last night in the dark around 5:15 saw a black buddy at the intersection of Franklin rd and Mack Hatcher in Franklin, TN.
MB #2349
Dean F

Post by Dean F »

I saw a black Buddy 50 with a Prima windshield parked on the sidewalk at the intersection of Hinsdale Avenue and Garfield at 3:00 pm. on Wednesday.
itzhak37

Post by itzhak37 »

I saw my first (other) D.C. Buddy today! It was light blue with a wicket basket on the front, parked by the corner of 13th and H Street.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Cream Buddy spotted (by GatsbyGirl) in North Hollywood, Laurel Canyon and Riverside. Parked in front of Starbucks, then cutting through the parking lot.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
armacham

Post by armacham »

Rode next to a girl on an orange buddy going east on Broadway on my way to work yesterday. Then I saw a cute girl on a vespa with a scarf.
gianni melo

classmate

Post by gianni melo »

i was in class one day talking to my classmate, and the subject of scooters came up. he said he owns a Buddy Italia, i started laughing because i own a black Buddy. so 2 out of the 3 students that ride scooters at our campus ride buddies, here they are:
Attachments
IMG00313.jpg
IMG00313.jpg (28.38 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Waah, all these campuses with designated motorcycle parking. I'm jealous!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw a Rattler at Ralph's on Victory at Buena Vista in Burbank. First recipient of a ModernBuddy card!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

siobhan wrote:Waah, all these campuses with designated motorcycle parking. I'm jealous!

my campus has more then 5! im rubbing it in your face :P
esk

Post by esk »

seattle, today (saturday), around 12:40pm - pamplona heading west on nickerson, near the fremont bridge. male rider with a white 3/4 helmet and black jacket.
nuttmeg75

Post by nuttmeg75 »

Pink Buddy with front rack and top case at the corner of Beverly and Western. For some reason, I see a lot of Buddies at that intersection.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Orange Buddy leaving the Fry's side of Crossroads. Riding two up. I waive, they waived back.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a black Buddy yesterday in San Antonio at Harry Wurzbach and Rittiman, at about 4:30.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
broke

Post by broke »

Italia parked outside Broadway Theater in Portland on Saturday night at about 10pm. Saw it leaving the symphony at the Schnitz.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Brand new black Buddy 125 (29 miles on the Odometer), parked right next to mine on Walnut Street in Cincinnati on Friday.

Gotta give some credit to somebody just starting out in mid-November in Cincinnati. It snowed this morning.
Kevin
AYPWIP?
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

Just saw a seafoam Buddy heading south on Campbell near Glenn. Lovely woman in a leather jacket and speed racer helmet. We waved :3
Lift heavy eat clean!
bunny

Post by bunny »

I spotted Newslinky this morning...we were caging it as I plan to work LATE tonight...

Intersection of Mid-Cities and Fuller-Wiser. I saw your St. Tropez and told OH "That's Newslinky!"

We'd have waved and honked, except we were a car behind the line and it changed at that moment...didn't want to distract you!

Good morning!
Yes, it's fast. No, you can't ride it.

rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

The last two nights I saw Becktastic and armacham leaving our complex.

I waved at you guys the first night, but was behind the tree so you may not have seen me. The second night you were going the other direction.

Hi :D
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

bunny wrote: Intersection of Mid-Cities and Fuller-Wiser. I saw your St. Tropez and told OH "That's Newslinky!"
who or what is "OH?"

maybe i didn't catch on earlier but i keep seeing it being posted and can't figure out what it means
broke

Post by broke »

I'm guessing "Other Half"
purromaniac

Phoenix is Buddy-ful

Post by purromaniac »

I'm finally starting to see more Buddys in Phoenix. In fact, I saw two today in my community, Ahwatukee. A tangerine Buddy this morning and a green Italia this afternoon. Both were in the area of 48th Street and Warner Road. Hooray! My Buddy has buddies! :D
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Last night heading North on N. Greeley ave. St. Tropez? Rider wearing white helmet and black Corazzo 5.0 jacket.

I was waiting to pull out of the garage at adidas wearing white helmet and same Corazzo jacket.
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Spotted going south on Interstate, by Kaiser, this morning around 8:30 - 8:45 Italia with two riders, both wearing Corazzo Jackets.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

rudie11 wrote:Spotted going south on Interstate, by Kaiser, this morning around 8:30 - 8:45 Italia with two riders, both wearing Corazzo Jackets.
Man Rudie, you seem to be in many of the same areas I am quite often, I wonder how we've never spotted eachother.....
broke

Post by broke »

Hey Kaos, is your morning stop at the Coffee Rush next to the police station?

I was scooting around Beaverton Hillsdale at lunch today and stopped in there for an egg-nog latte... MMMmmmm, that is a GOOD egg-nog latte... not every place makes them good!
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Kaos wrote:
rudie11 wrote:Spotted going south on Interstate, by Kaiser, this morning around 8:30 - 8:45 Italia with two riders, both wearing Corazzo Jackets.
Man Rudie, you seem to be in many of the same areas I am quite often, I wonder how we've never spotted eachother.....
What color is your scoot again? I'll keep on the lookout for you!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:Hey Kaos, is your morning stop at the Coffee Rush next to the police station?

I was scooting around Beaverton Hillsdale at lunch today and stopped in there for an egg-nog latte... MMMmmmm, that is a GOOD egg-nog latte... not every place makes them good!
Sure is. Most of the Barrista's there know me well!
I'll bet it confused them to see another Tangerine Buddy pull up :)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

rudie11 wrote:
Kaos wrote:
What color is your scoot again? I'll keep on the lookout for you!
My Buddy is Oregon's first Tangerine one. I'm assuming from your avatar, that yours is black?
rudie11

Post by rudie11 »

Yep, mine is the 2007 Black/Silver. I also wear a black Corazzo 5.0 jacket and a white 3/4 helmet.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

rabbitgod wrote:The last two nights I saw Becktastic and armacham leaving our complex.

I waved at you guys the first night, but was behind the tree so you may not have seen me. The second night you were going the other direction.

Hi! I didn't see you the other day. We need to go on a ride sometime!
Lift heavy eat clean!
broke

Post by broke »

Kaos wrote:I'll bet it confused them to see another Tangerine Buddy pull up :)
Dude... that parking lot was CRAZY! I feared for my life in there! I think lunch hour is a bad time to be parking near all those business... Plus, isn't that police station where you go to pay Beaverton tickets?

One lady was really pissed at me when I was leaving... I need to gear up a little you know... but she sees me walk up to my bike and decides she is going to just sit there and wait for me so she can have my spot. I felt bad, but wasn't going to rush anything for her sake.
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Becktastic wrote:
rabbitgod wrote:The last two nights I saw Becktastic and armacham leaving our complex.

Hi! I didn't see you the other day. We need to go on a ride sometime!
It was dark and the tree covers quite a bit of that area. Plus my camo dog doesn't help. I can't tell you the number of times I've almost stepped on him in the middle of the night.

Scooters!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

broke wrote:
Kaos wrote:I'll bet it confused them to see another Tangerine Buddy pull up :)
Dude... that parking lot was CRAZY! I feared for my life in there! I think lunch hour is a bad time to be parking near all those business... Plus, isn't that police station where you go to pay Beaverton tickets?

One lady was really pissed at me when I was leaving... I need to gear up a little you know... but she sees me walk up to my bike and decides she is going to just sit there and wait for me so she can have my spot. I felt bad, but wasn't going to rush anything for her sake.
Yeah, lunch is insane there! They've even forced employees to park on the street at lunch or face being towed to cut down on the total of cars there. And yes, I think that would be where you would go to pay a ticket in Beaverton. Though Beaverton is one of the few places I've not yet been ticketed, so I'm not totally sure :)

I never rush for people who want to wait for me. Its their call to wait, and its my call to make sure I'm geared properly :) The last time I rushed gearing up for someone, I discovered later that I'd forgotten to fasten my chin strap :roll:
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

Black Buddy westbound on Tanque Verde between Pio Decimo/Dos Hombres/Wrightstown and Sabino Canyon.
Becktastic

Post by Becktastic »

I was riding down Country Club this morning and I spotted a scooter coming up from behind, it was armacham! Then, after he passed I spotted some light blue. It was another light blue buddy! That is the first light blue Buddy I have seen in the wild (aside from my own of course). So all three of us were cruising the same street until we split off at speedway. Radical.

Now I have seen every Buddy color in the wild! Do I win something?!
Lift heavy eat clean!
armacham

Post by armacham »

A laurel and a hearty handshake
rabbitgod

Post by rabbitgod »

You get to meet the scooter gods. You have to be shoved into a cenote, but that's part of the epic journey we all take.

I only wrote this so that there would be 3 Tucson people in a row.
broke

Post by broke »

rabbitgod wrote:I only wrote this so that there would be 3 Tucson people in a row.
I've tried my best to defend these message boards... but it is just no use!

Becktastic and her minions are ... just ... too ... powerful ! I concede!
underdog

Post by underdog »

rabbitgod wrote:You get to meet the scooter gods. You have to be shoved into a cenote, but that's part of the epic journey we all take...
I just spotted my first Buddy in the wild...a tangerine Buddy on Biscayne Blvd and 96th Street in Miami Shores. This being my first sighting, I must be very far removed from meeting the scooter gods or being on any part of the epic journey. I must go and spot some more.....