Rebadging a Buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ctpaddler2000

Rebadging a Buddy 125

Post by ctpaddler2000 »

Is it possible to rebadge a Buddy 125 to say Buddy 50 and not have it look like a hack job? Is that a sticker on the front and side of the Buddy?
jess

Post by jess »

It is in fact a rubbery sticker. I've un-badged mine, not sure if I could re-apply it to anything afterwards, though.
xkennx

Re: Rebadging a Buddy 125

Post by xkennx »

ctpaddler2000 wrote:Is it possible to rebadge a Buddy 125 to say Buddy 50 and not have it look like a hack job? Is that a sticker on the front and side of the Buddy?
I would de-badge before I would re-badge. Its one thing to not say its something then to say it is something its not - legally

I know this form personal experience my Vespa Primavera 125 was title back in 75 as a Vespa 50. I have never done anything about that but one day was pulled over and had to deal with Officer Jerk off and ticketed me for having a 125cc scooter registered as a 50cc even though this was done 5yrs before I was born but I am still legally responsible for it now.

Kenn
06 Gen Scooters Buddy 125 (sold)
05 Gen Scooters Stella w/sidecar (sold)
05 Vespa ET8
80 Vespa P200 w/ Polini 208
80 Vespa P200 w/ Malossi 210
74 Vespa Sprint 125
74 Vespa Primaveria 125 (broke)
56 Labretta LD 125 (sold)
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

xkennx wrote:
ctpaddler2000 wrote:Is it possible to rebadge a Buddy 125 to say Buddy 50 and not have it look like a hack job? Is that a sticker on the front and side of the Buddy?
I would de-badge before I would re-badge. Its one thing to not say its something then to say it is something its not - legally
Agreed. You're asking for trouble by re-badging. The Buddy "badges" are very easy to peel off, and don't leave much if any residual glue behind.
ellen

Post by ellen »

We took the 125 off. Had to cut it with a exacto knife though.

I've done it before with my People 150. Go to Maine a lot and you can park in the public lots for free if its a 50cc. Worked every time :)
But I did have it registered as a 150. So technically I wasn't doing anything illegal :wink:
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

ellen wrote: Go to Maine a lot and you can park in the public lots for free if its a 50cc.
But I did have it registered as a 150. So technically I wasn't doing anything illegal :wink:
...except parking... :o
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

Do I spy a sleeper in the making?
ctpaddler2000

Post by ctpaddler2000 »

Beamie wrote:Do I spy a sleeper in the making?
:lol: :lol: I wish, and of course I would never do anything illegal (including parking). I just thought they were cute and cool looking.